aberdeen-music

Albums You're Looking Forward To In 2006?

Guest tv tanned

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty Girls Make Graves.

I'd also say Jenny Lewis, but I've had her album for about a month or so. It will be nice to have the actual CD though.

On an unrelated note, do bands ever 'leak' fake albums? I don't know of any cases of this, but I can imagine someone must have though "Lets throw a few of our demos and rejected songs together and put them up as the new album leaked."

Yeah' date=' Babyshambles did that.

Oh no...wait...that [i']was the real album.

It would be interesting if someone did that, though. Leak a couple of "difficult" tracks on the net, claiming it's their new direction, watch the diehard fans squabble on forums with non-believers claiming the new material is just as good as their old stuff, and then release the actual new album; "Suckers!".

Maybe not the best way to endear yourself to your fanbase...

fancy starting a band, just to do that?

tool (according to hmv c.d is out 9th of january)' date=' muse, deftones, stone sour, metallica? and most definitely p.o.d :)[/quote']

9th January? serious?! Fuckin ay!

i guess if metallica give us anything this year i'll be looking forward to it, so i can force myself to love it like i did with St Anger.

besides that pretty much what you said, Muse, Stone Sour, and of course Iron Maiden!

(that pretty much most of my favourite bands releasing next year, plus a new Tomb Raider and PS3, 2006 is shaping up pretty well for me! I'm gonna be hoorin' broke!)

x

On an unrelated note' date=' do bands ever 'leak' fake albums? I don't know of any cases of this, but I can imagine someone must have though "Lets throw a few of our demos and rejected songs together and put them up as the new album leaked."[/quote']

Not quite the same thing, but Grandaddy did once deliver 'fake' album of jokey punk stuff to their label, claiming it to be their new record.

9th January? serious?! Fuckin ay!

i guess if metallica give us anything this year i'll be looking forward to it' date=' so i can force myself to love it like i did with St Anger.

besides that pretty much what you said, Muse, Stone Sour, and of course Iron Maiden!

(that pretty much most of my favourite bands releasing next year, plus a new Tomb Raider and PS3, 2006 is shaping up pretty well for me! I'm gonna be hoorin' broke!)

x[/quote']

if hmv are actually right, which i truely doubt, i will be over the moon to be hearing new tool stuff :)

metallica is due around later autumn, muse in june, iron maiden maybe this year or the next.

and as for the ps3, i've heard a release for about spring (price of 300) :D