aberdeen-music

ArtRocker - Go Get It

rowan

There is a magazine onsale in One Up called ArtRocker for 1.50, i'd highly recomend buying the most recent issue..

First off you get a free 'We Are Scientists' 1" pin badge

And secondly you get a shit hot cd with over twenty tracks, including

Good Shoe's

Bromhead's Jacket

Young Knives

Put that breakfast bap on hold and spend your money on this mag, the cd is tops..

Guest Tam o' Shantie

if anyone's looking for a second opinion, then I'd like to point out that if you're sick of the type of folk whose musical tastes seem to revolve around knowing who the 'next big thing' is, or just indie hipsters generally speaking, then avoid this like the plague. the whole thing reads like an aberdeen-music gig report, except the bands mentioned are the likes of test icicles (except like 3 months ago, when they were THIS COOL NEW BAND THAT ONLY I KNOW ABOUT) and you don't actually know any of the scenesters.

however, if you can get your hands on a copy for free then who cares?

Guest five years

to be honest, the title alone makes me want to find their offices and firebomb the place...as tom says these magazines are like the nme but even more clique-y and aids-ridden.

Did you read anywhere about me mentioning the content of the magazine?

Free Badge & Cd is what i am saying...

& just because some bands arn't in the charts doesn't mean folk are riding on the 'its cool before its cool' wave.. I've been listening to Bromhead's & Good Shoes etc long before some wank mag decides to write about them..

im gonna buy the mag' date=' put the cd on, stick the badge with the rest of my badges and burn the mag in my fire, that means ive got a badge, some entertainment and some heat, all for 1.50 - why should we be complaining?[/quote']

Why not save some of the Mag from the fire and make yourself a little christmas hat... or swap the mag with a tramp for his copy of the Daily Sport?

'An elastic band covered in toothpaste makes a great alternative to chewing gump and it also lasts alot longer'

Guest Tam o' Shantie

sweet

what's chewing gump?

oh and the point i was making is that the music was likely to reflect the magazine's content - ie entirely composed of phoney, disco/art/punk faggot music. I got a Tom Vek 5" with one of those magazines, which i didn't pay for i might add, and it was totally bollocks. So i threw it in the bin