aberdeen-music

Peter Jackson to direct the film of The Lovely Bones

shaun

cant he write his own fucking films? "Lets adapt some books' date=' lets remake an old move, lets adapt a book. Havent done one of them in a while!" (from the mind of peter jackson)[/quote']

He aint a writter is he?.... hes a film producer?

Anyway anyone seen peter jackom lately (no i dont mean on the bloody bus) i got a free King Kong dvd in last weeks news of the world and hes welll skinny im not saying hes lost a few pounds i mean hes a skinny guy probably half the size he was when he made L.O.T.R.'s

Btw trippinoneastereggs im in a good mood so im not gonna rant rant rant but Mr P.jackson deserves far more respect than that little out burst of yours m8..

Anyway anyone seen peter jackom lately (no i dont mean on the bloody bus) i got a free King Kong dvd in last weeks news of the world and hes welll skinny im not saying hes lost a few pounds i mean hes a skinny guy probably half the size he was when he made L.O.T.R.'s

Btw trippinoneastereggs im in a good mood so im not gonna rant rant rant but Mr P.jackson deserves far more respect than that little out burst of yours m8..

he was on johnathan ross, and he said he's lost all the weight, through stress, lack of sleep and a deminished apetite, from the over budget, running late, King Kong.

Guest tv tanned
cant he write his own fucking films? "Lets adapt some books' date=' lets remake an old move, lets adapt a book. Havent done one of them in a while!" (from the mind of peter jackson)[/quote']

Peter Jackson's filmography:

http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0001392/

Please explain why adapting books to movie format is somehow less worthy than an original screenplay.

director is the word you're looking for. although he's involved as a producer as well these days (as are most directors). he's also one of the founders of WETA the special effects company who did all the CGI on Rings and King Kong and who kick ILM's (George Lucas' effects company's) ass in the computer generated department.

never read lovely bones. what's it about?

never read lovely bones. what's it about?

The Lovely Bones is the story of a 14-year-old girl from suburban Pennsylvania who is murdered by her neighbor. She tells the story from Heaven' date=' showing the lives of the people around her and how they have changed all while attempting to get someone to find her lost body.[/b']

that describes the outline of it pretty well. it's a beautiful and affecting book, i really recommend it.

I'd never thought about this book being made into a film. I'm not totally convinced about Peter Jackson making it but at least we can be assured he won't make it overly sentimental, it could be turned into a cheesy made for tv kinda thing so his take on it could be very interesting.

Gotta wonder what made him choose it though, it's a world away from his other films.

*thinks*

Apart from Heavenly Creatures. Ok, it kinda makes sense to me now :)