aberdeen-music

Computer users and system administrators, take note

Stray Cat

Computer users and system administrators, take note. According to iDefense, a division of VeriSign (Nasdaq: VRSN - news), on January 6, 2006, the world will see the release of a new version of the Sober worm. Security analysts hope that, at least in this instance, being forewarned can lead to being forearmed, and that computer users will take the time before the attack to update their security software.

Wonder how much of a mess this will cause, even with updated security software? If this is to happen, just be on the look out. And let people who are not savy w/ systems like your parents and some kids know not to go opening any emails....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20051212/bs_nf/40077;_ylt=Apqbq6x6WqbTHy9fgWZ8K5qs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

Link edited.

i seriously don;t get why people get so many viruses

for 4 years i have been on the internet with NO virus software and NO spyware software. and have never had anything. not a thing. and i use the internet a lot.

every now and again i'll install something or another to do a check but every time it comes up with 0 viruses found or no spyware found or similar.

edit: whereas my uncle reformats and reinstalls windows almost weekly, and somehow manages to get hundreds of viruses and everything within hours of going on the internet.

edit edit: WITH updated virus software

for 4 years i have been on the internet with NO virus software and NO spyware software. and have never had anything. not a thing. and i use the internet a lot.

every now and again i'll install something or another to do a check but every time it comes up with 0 viruses found or no spyware found or similar.

edit: whereas my uncle reformats and reinstalls windows almost weekly' date=' and somehow manages to get hundreds of viruses and everything within hours of going on the internet.

edit edit: WITH updated virus software[/quote']

Wow ...... it must be a Mac!!!

edit: whereas my uncle reformats and reinstalls windows almost weekly' date=' and somehow manages to get hundreds of viruses and everything within hours of going on the internet.

edit edit: WITH updated virus software[/quote']

question : does your uncle frequent "grumble" , or "left handed websites" on the internet regularly?