aberdeen-music

MOST METAL OF METAL - the fudge awards 2006 - vote!

The Ghost Of Fudge

who would you say has been the best metal band in our fair, if slightly cold, city? take your pick of our five nominations above...

these votes will be added to votes polled at fudge gigs to produce our champions. there are two more 'voting gigs' - sat 14th jan and sat 11th feb at the moorings...

the awards take place on sat 25th feb.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing:

This was a VERY difficult choice. BUT if you look up the periodic table you will find that the element with the atomic number of 106 is the heaviest of all the metals. It's called 'seaborgium'' date=' and I believe it's what Hog's guitar strings are made out of :)[/quote']

Indeed, plus if you vote Element you can say that you voted for the only Metal band in this catagory who have a see-thru block of piss guitar

i voted open air mainly on the fact that their the only band ive actually seen play!!!

I've only seen Element from that list, but they are a lovely bunch of lads...often seen helping old women cross roads, children rescue cats from trees and blind people bag their guide-dogs' droppings. And all the while they have a smile on their faces and a Gilbert O'Sullivan tune on their lips.

Vote Element....you won't regret it:love:

(psssssttttt!!!!! Hog........make it a pint of lagor!)

I've only seen Element from that list' date=' but they are a lovely bunch of lads...often seen helping old women cross roads, children rescue cats from trees and blind people bag their guide-dogs' droppings. And all the while they have a smile on their faces and a Gilbert O'Sullivan tune on their lips.

Vote Element....you won't regret it:love:

(psssssttttt!!!!! Hog........make it a pint of lagor!)[/quote']

that doesn't sound very metal...

I thought it sounded kind of 'emo-metal', and would win them loads of admirers in the 70-90 age bracket who post on here.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

And, while I'm at it...vote Kitchen Cynics in the 'Best of the Rest' category or I will reverse Cavern Mike's neutering operation and allow him to breed at random!!!!!!

I thought it sounded kind of 'emo-metal'' date=' and would win them loads of admirers in the 70-90 age bracket who post on here.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

And, while I'm at it...vote Kitchen Cynics in the 'Best of the Rest' category or I will reverse Cavern Mike's neutering operation and allow him to breed at random!!!!!![/quote']

Ah so Mike is my dad!!!!! I wondered where the lack of hair came from.:up:

Guest tv tanned

I voted for the 'gu, simply cos I have yet to see the other bands live, although I'll be addressing the Weapon issue at the FMAs.

Element gigs always seem to be on nights I cannot manage, which is a pity.

i voted open air mainly on the fact that their the only band ive actually seen play!!!

o_O

am sorry mate but FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

open air are the only one who are so far from metal its crazy in that list.

my mate chris is in open air and their so UNmetal its UNbelivible.

i vote for Statue of Misery

but since i cant its got to be E106

RAWK

I vote open air - cos the last time I saw those guys live was one of the best nights Ive been to at the tunnels!

coz there good dose NOT make them METAL!!!!!!!! FUCK!!! this is why i hate fudge awards cos the voters vote for what they like or have seen. "oh i saw them live so i voted for them to be the most metal" its fuckin stupid.

DONT VOTE unles you have seen and heard all the bands. coz if you dont Black Atom will always win cos they are the most well know band and FAR from the heavist!!!!!!

sorry somthing that was doing my head it.

Vote Element

DONT VOTE unles you have seen and heard all the bands. coz if you dont Black Atom will always win cos they are the most well know band and FAR from the heavist!!!!!!

A little bit on the pissy side don't you think? Who said it was a "who's heaviest" contest anyway? It's just meant to be a "people's favourite metal band" category and I think you're taking it a little on the serious side. As for not voting unless you've seen and heard ALL the bands? Come on, that's a little idealist isn't it, people are always just going to vote for their favourite and that's just the way of it - whoever wins, it doesn't matter. It's just a bit of banter anyway, nobody should be taking this as seriously as you seem to be.

VOTE ELEMENT! ;)

A little bit on the pissy side don't you think? Who said it was a "who's heaviest" contest anyway? It's just meant to be a "people's favourite metal band" category and I think you're taking it a little on the serious side. As for not voting unless you've seen and heard ALL the bands? Come on' date=' that's a little idealist isn't it, people are always just going to vote for their favourite and that's just the way of it - whoever wins, it doesn't matter. It's just a bit of banter anyway, nobody should be taking this as seriously as you seem to be.

VOTE ELEMENT! ;)[/quote']

No vote Atom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:up: