aberdeen-music

Help please! Synths... where do I start???

Dan G

if you give us some examples of tracks that use the types of sounds you like and a budget I can give you some suggestions.

As good s/h general purpose synth' date=' a Korg M1 can be picked up on ebay these days for about 150 or so and lots of patches are available free online.[/quote']

A good suggestion...seriously considering one of these now, although have just picked up Korg Legacy Collection digital edition (which sounds awesome!) How easy would it be to get the sounds on the synth? The VST has like virtual cards which I'm assuming you would physically need for the box? I've got the M1 manual somewhere will give it a read sometime, but you're right they look around 150 on ebay, cheers for the tip!

What options are there for cheap analouge synths out there?

A synth has been something i have been wanting for a while to get to play with, mainly for synthy noises (ie obviously synth, not strings or the like). Analouge because synths do tend to have a lot of options to play with, and having an array of knobs i can toy with is much, much preferrable to menu's and so on, I do understand the basics of synthesis, but have never gotten my hand on one to play with.

so are there any options out there I would like and have fun with?

David