aberdeen-music

A couple of new demos on MySpace

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

I never liked the Port of Saints recorded stuff....

I think i need to see you live, cause alot of people think you are great....and Martin is a good guy (even though not with you anymore).

I think you should also invest in some decent recording time. Anyone who has done this will tell you its worth it (not being a patronising little cunt here).

Guest bluesxman

OK, they have worked!

It's weird hearing someone else's interpretation of the drum parts naturally! The recording is much improved from the previous one's you did at Tom's in my opinion, much clearer. The bass seems slightly low in the mix on SL and the kick pedal seems too prominent in places and distracting as he uses it heavily but these are minor points. Chris's vocals are sounding much more confident and the tunes are there.

When are you guys playing gigs again, will try to come along at some point.

Guest Neubeatz

The feedback I offer is only that, "myspace is crap,and aspiring artists should boycott that faceparty extension shit":up:

I'd like to hear the tunes though, I would suggest an alternative OMD, and pick one where the listener is offered a one click download without having to register, :) Purevolume can do that for you, as can soundlift.com, and many others, but "My(shit)space"??? leave that for a secondary sort of band page, :up:

Purely personal opinion mind ;)

I never liked the Port of Saints recorded stuff....

I think i need to see you live' date=' cause alot of people think you are great....and Martin is a good guy (even though not with you anymore).

I think you should also invest in some decent recording time. Anyone who has done this will tell you its worth it (not being a patronising little cunt here).[/quote']

Yr not being patronising at all, I'd actually have much preferred to have done a demo that wasn't just done live. But since Andrew Ross was/is on helping out temporarily I thought a quick live set would be enough to record what we sounded like.

I'm glad you want to see us live despite not liking the demos, hopefully this means we're doing something right!

OK' date=' they have worked!

It's weird hearing someone else's interpretation of the drum parts naturally! The recording is much improved from the previous one's you did at Tom's in my opinion, much clearer. The bass seems slightly low in the mix on SL and the kick pedal seems too prominent in places and distracting as he uses it heavily but these are minor points. Chris's vocals are sounding much more confident and the tunes are there.

When are you guys playing gigs again, will try to come along at some point.[/quote']

Cheers Martin, I thought it sounds alot better than the previous version, especially Chris' voice.

The drums did sound a little weird to us initially too, not being used to having a drummer with a double kick before, but I like it now.

We should be playing the Moorings in Febuary, so this gives us time to have a break and maybe learn some new songs...

Sorry but all I heard was unimaginative riffing' date=' weak singing and songs lacking melody. I hope you guys can improve though.[/quote']

Cheers, it's always good to have constructive critism... I am now going to sack the singer, sack myself and get a Jeff Buckley impersonator and Jimmy Page to join my band. Hopefully they'll let me play tambourine... ;)

• 2 weeks later...