aberdeen-music

Awww...

Rachie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bump up a thread but i read in the donor centre that currently there has been a great decline in the number of donors.

The ammount they need per day is 1000 but currently the average is 880 donors per day.

So if you can give blood then give blood. It doesn't hurt and it's for a great cause.

www.scotblood.co.uk

Or why not go a step further and give platelets - they take your blood out, spin it to seperate the platelets then give you the rest back. It takes about an hour and you have to have had 5 uncomplicated blood donations previously. Platelets only last 5 days, so there's always a desperate need.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Body Mods?

Scuse ma country boy upbringing but WTF why mod your body?

Body modifications, you know, piercing, tattooing, stuff like that.

Why? Why not? The body is a temple, some people like to decorate the temple a bit.

Please don't tell me you thought spoilers' date=' exhausts and alloys. I myself am a country chiel, but I do know what body modding is...:up:[/quote']

Although do remember that if you have fitted a spoiler to yourself, you're not allowed to give blood for 5 years. Something to do with "risk taking behaviours".

Or why not go a step further and give platelets - they take your blood out' date=' spin it to seperate the platelets then give you the rest back. It takes about an hour and you have to have had 5 uncomplicated blood donations previously. Platelets only last 5 days, so there's always a desperate need.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure apheresis collection is by invitation, but I could be wrong... also means you can donate more often because they don't take as much.

I'm coming to this discussion rather late, but I became an uncle recently and the baby was a whole 3 months premature. I couldn't believe just how small babies can be, she fitted into the palm of my hand.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that without blood donors, both mother and child would have died, no question. So a big 'Thank you' to all who give blood, and to those who don't (and can) I would appeal to you to think about it.

I was a total wimp when it came to needles, but once you do it it becomes no problem (in my experience, anyway).

I was a total wimp when it came to needles' date=' but once you do it it becomes no problem (in my experience, anyway).[/quote']

I am a wimp too.

I look away when they put the needle in.

Is it just me or is the tiny prick the give your finger hurt more?