aberdeen-music

Celtic Sign Keane

Guest tv tanned

A lot of money to pay someone who's over the hill. I don't believe he left Man U because of the fall-out on MUTV. He's always been an asshole' date=' it's just that Feguson knows he's not so good anymore.[/quote']

Be that as it may, the state the scottish games in he'll still rape every other midfielder up here. But they cant expect Lennon and Keane to play together, they're both in thier mid-thirties with very similar styles.

Be that as it may' date=' the state the scottish games in he'll still rape every other midfielder up here. But they cant expect Lennon and Keane to play together, they're both in thier mid-thirties with very similar styles.[/quote']

Maybe they'll sell Lennon in January. Is his contract not up at the end of the season?

34 years old....gets injured all the time....not half the player he used to be....playing in a poor Celtic side etc etc.

I think we can safely disregard this as much ado about nothing.

Will probably do Celtic more harm than good in my opinion.....his presence in the team will fire up the opposition even more than usual. Could end up costing them points.

another wanker to join the celtic midfield then, do lennon and keane not hate each other anyway? Keanes obviously taken the easy way out and wants to play easy football and get paid too much for it, he left man utd coz he couldnt face it that he wasnt good enough for a shite team. Mustve been all the european football that celtic have had this season that tempted him :]

Guest bluesxman

Just strikes me as Keane wins by finding a club happy to pay him a fortune to spend his twilight years coasting in Scottish football. So he had to take a wage cut, big deal, who was going to take him on at the same or higher wages at his age? Meanwhile the rest of the Scottish teams are no doubt supposed to crap themselves at having to play against a Man U 'legend'. One man and even a combination of good players do not a great team make....

My hunch is that Strachan will drop Stephen McManus or big Bobo and play Keane at centre-half, thus allowing Lennon to sit in midfield. But I might be wrong.

Either way, he'll be a great signing for the junglejims. Just the sort to glavanise the team. I reckon they'll win the title at a canter

love from christy

Guest neil ex
Was once a great player but at 34 is big bloody waste of money and i'll be angry if Lennon or any other midfielder or defender is dropped to accomodate him.

Why? I reckon he's still a better player than anyone in the current Celtic squad.

Guest The Voyeur

i think bill leckie mentioned this but would celtic be clammering for a 34 year old with a dodgy hip and knee if he was the captain of wales? i think this is an image signing for celtic. there will be obvious commercial spin off but i think you have to question the psychology of the club when considering this move.

what would say is that while keane is past his best he will still be the best midfielder in scotland by the far. stan petrov, the current best midfielder in scotland, attracts transfer interest from the likes of fulham and everton and this is when he is at the peak of his career. it speaks volumes really.

Why? I reckon he's still a better player than anyone in the current Celtic squad.

I reckon you're losing it if you think he's better than Petrov. I have no wish for Strachan to disturb what is currently a winning team. When it comes to europe next season we will need to improve and keane's experience might be useful but the money would be better spent on younger players.