aberdeen-music

I wish the alkaline trio were still good

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I wish they weren't shit.

I wish their music wasn't corny, and championed by the likes of colin murray. I wish they didn't have nu-metal guitars.

I wish their lyrics were still smart, and weren't just shit puns that wouldn't sound out of place in an asda halloween edition magazine.

I wish they were good, because they used to be amazing :down:

Maybe I'll Catch Fire and Good Mourning are two of my all time favourite albums. Crimson I would agree isn't as good, but I still love it. The lyrics...hmmm aye, they're not as good, and they have gone a bit too much on their own image. There is the odd good track, and it does sound good, but I just can't connect to the songs on it to the same extent as before. Shame.

Still my favourite band.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

14 hours ahead, a head that's heavier than lead and I've got toothpicks in my eyes, a smile more yellow than the sky. I've got a song stuck in my head, one that I miss more than my bed. It's a song sung from a fallen milkman who's drinking bleach instead, I'm much like him.

14 hours unfed, I spent the last cents in my head. They're worth much less than pennies now, food for one thought shared with a crowd. I've got a painting in my head, a deeper blue bled thicker red. More red than Bloody Marys coast to coast. I hate flying I said, that's what I said. Sad, sorry excuse, just like everything that made her smile and everything I use.

I won't go back to the way it was. I'm now huffing gas and sniffing paint to take away this buzz that I call you.

:up:

Guest pop-notmyface
Three chords.. ninety-five albums. Don't see the mass appeal of their new stuff as Infirmary and Maybe I'll Catch Fire are both infinately better.

and Goddamnit. i think that is their best. the only record where i can listen the whole way through without skipping a track.

here's my rundown:

1. Goddamnit

2. From Here To Infirmary

3. Maybe I'll Catch Fire

4. Good Mourning

5. Crimson

Guest pop-notmyface
wrong

the few tracks i heard of good mourning were shit

first three albums or nothng

you have to listen to it the whole way through.

okay, here is a list of the ALK3 songs which plain suck in my opinion

GOOD MOURNING:

This Could Be Love

We've Had Enough

All On Black

Blue Carolina

FFROM HERE TO INFIRMARY:

Bloodied Up

MAYBE I'LL CATCH FIRE:

Madam Me

Maybe I'll Catch Fire

Tuck Me In

GODDAMNIT:

-none-

you have to listen to it the whole way through.

okay' date=' here is a list of the ALK3 songs which plain suck in my opinion

GOOD MOURNING:

All On Black

Blue Carolina

MAYBE I'LL CATCH FIRE:

Madam Me

Maybe I'll Catch Fire

Tuck Me In

[/quote']

Wrong answer. The three off Maybe I'll Catch Fire there in particular are some of my favourites. That whole album is amazing though.

1. Good Mourning (All On Black, Blue In The Face, Donner Party, Dead End Road)

2. Maybe I'll Catch Fire (All, esp. Maybe I'll Catch Fire and 5-3-10-4)

3. Crimson (Time To Waste, Deathbed, Sadie)

4. Goddamnit (Nose Over Tail, I Lied My Face Off)

5. From Here to Infirmary(Trucks and Trains)

I love them all though.

Guest pop-notmyface
Most of the songs sound the same on "From Here to Infirmary" although it has some great songs.

it weighs out.

"From Here To Infirmary" has songs that sound the same, but they are better than the different songs on "Good Mourning" + it doesn't have an acoustic track, though all others do.

Guest pop-notmyface
They were always shite apart from that "hit" they had a few years ago' date=' the "right place at the right time" one. Even then it's only really any good because the start sounds a lot like Listen to What You've Got by Idlewild.[/quote']

which makes little sense because Idlewild aren't REALLY good?