aberdeen-music

over 18 to play in the tunnels?!?!?!

stevealex35

I've seen under 18s playing at the malt mill. Also someone from the malt mill posted in another thread that they let under 18s play there.

Yeh Cloud, I am afraid you are wrong.

I did hear of O' Neils nto letting a band play because one of their members was under 18, but I think that is it. Maybe drummonds on the weekend.

It depends on the type of licence held, what time the gig finishes (under 18's are only allowed to be there until 11 I think, I may be wrong though) and the discretion of the licensee.

Phone or email the venue if you are in any doubt (email is probably better cos you can print it out in case the "Yes" doesn't filter down to the bar staff).

I've seen under 18s playing at the malt mill. Also someone from the malt mill posted in another thread that they let under 18s play there.

And they've refused to let under 18's bands play there in the past, so I wouldn't trust a booking there without written confirmation from the venue.

Why anyone would want to play there is another question :p

(under 18's are only allowed to be there until 11 I think' date=' I may be wrong though) [/quote']

As long as there is live entertainment, under 18's can stay till it finnishes by law...BUT, most venues have an 11pm curfew set by management

As long as there is live entertainment' date=' under 18's can stay till it finnishes by law...BUT, most venues have an 11pm curfew set by management[/quote']

Maybe I'm wrong, but ents licences, as far as I know, only allow under 18's until 11pm.

Unless they're wired out of their nuts on red bull:up:

I did however discover that promotors of gigs have to be over 18?

Now that is shite.

Why?

Promoters are subject to the same taxation and licencing rules as everyone else. Can you register as self-employed when you're under 18? Can you promote a gig when you aren't old enough to be in the building?

If you can't, there's your answer. If you can't supply a legitamate tax address then the venue could end up paying for your part of the nights tax bill. Most venues work on an almost zero profit margin, so they're not likely to go into the red for anyone.

Why?Promoters are subject to the same taxation and licencing rules as everyone else. Can you register as self-employed when you're under 18? Can you promote a gig when you aren't old enough to be in the building?

If you can't' date=' there's your answer. If you can't supply a legitamate tax address then the venue could end up paying for your part of the nights tax bill. Most venues work on an almost zero profit margin, so they're not likely to go into the red for anyone.[/quote']

Ian, I dare say you've opened a big can of worms there :p

But seriously, there's nothing stopping you registering as self employed if you're under 18. I don't understand the rules surrounding allowing under 18's in a venue so can't comment there - but my gut feeling is that The Tunnels would merely be saying that because of maturity and responsibility reasons (under 18's may be felt to be unable to deal with issues) more than any licencing restriction.

I dare say tax issues is a huge can of worms that would be better off unspoken about.