aberdeen-music

Earliest Memory...and Old Friends

Aaron_Robertson

What is your earliest memory?

Is Anyone still friends with there Childhood friends?

Was talkin to one of my friends today met him when i was 4 (Mums knew each other)

13 Years later still the best of friends... My Earliest Memory is the day i met him...

Peace!

Aaron

Exactly the same for me, although i think i was as young as 3.

just got back from a long weekend with a group of guys, one of whom i've known all my days and another fwe i went to primary with etc.

every year we have a meal on boxing day and there are at least 6 or seven people there who i've known for as long as it's possible to know someone when you're this age. we're not around each other all the time and we all have large circles of other friends, but we still make time for one another once a year and banter away about what we've been up to and reminisce about the old stories.

as for early memories, my friend jim beam has taken them all away!

spoons

/x

nope on the childhood friends side. but the memory thing is a bit freaky.

i remember being 2 years old and sitting in the back of a red car next to a wall, that had a gate/fence thing that went into a massive field. and there was a builind at one end,. and my mum was taking my dog back to the dog home.

id mentioned remembering this once or twice before to my folks. but the otherweek when i was at home me and my dad were talking about old cars. and i mentioned remembering a red one. he was like, man you were only about 2 when we had that. so i told him what i remembered in detail about giving micky back and he was like yeah, thats what the dog home looked like. but we didnt have that car for much longer cause as my mum driove out of the dog home she pulled out in front of a lorry that smashed our car and it got written off!!!!

id never known this before but im sure its why i remember the dog scene. like the trauma of being ni a car crash made me always remember what happened before it. freaky shit

i'm still friends with a guy who i grew up with. we've been friends continuously since i was about 4.

i also starting hanging out occasionally with a girl called kat in the summer of 2004 who i'd been friends with when i was little and she came to the first obedience school i did and after that we started hanging out all the time and she's now one of my dancers and best friends.

i turned up for my first day at uni and saw an old friend from school was in my class. Also another of my school friends got a job where i worked a few years ago, we are closer now then we were at school, so much so he asked me to be his best man the week before he split up with his gf due to her cheating on him.

I can remember being in my cot and looking up at my mum and her friend when my folks lived in a flat in bridge a don. If that's a real memory i would have only been a few months old. I can also remember looking for shells at balmedie when i would have been around 2. And last but not least, falling down the stone steps of my folk's friend's house in edinburgh and being carted off to hospital because i'd banged my head.

I don't know any of my childhood friends now; two of them (a brother and sister) i bump into on occasion, but we're not close anymore. Makes me come over all nostalgic now:s