aberdeen-music

Roy 'Chubby' Brown

Lazy Gun

Guest tv tanned
You're actually very normal for "refusing" to find sexist/ racist jokes funny (insomuch as it's trendy to be like that these days). If you just didn't happen to find them funny' date=' that would be fair enough, but everything you've wrote on this thread reeks of the old high-and-mighty attitude of the PC brigade. Taking a principled stance against a stand-up comedian is ridiculous.[/quote']

please stop trying to make out like my stance is somehow an effort to be "trendy" it just makes you look even more ridiculous.

Please explain why such a stance is ridiculous.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's entirely down to political correctness. To put it simply' date=' he's getting attacked for being sexist etc. He wasn't attacked for this before political correctness was big. You work it out.[/quote']

Ignoring the political correctness angle, maybe he's just not funny because it's the same joke over and over again.

I'm sure if you own "Confessions Of A Window Cleaner", "Sex Lives of The Potato Men" and similar films then Chubby must be your hero. Otherwise, the joke remains the same, I'm afraid.

I would agree with that. I don't actually like him very much' date=' but I find him funny when I haven't seen him for ages.[/quote']

Ditto. If you read why i started this thread its because i didnt think id like his caveman style comedy but once in the presence of a naturally funny guy then everything becomes comical!! No.......................??

Guest tv tanned
Chubby Brown is a cunt. A racist and sexist cunt. Fact.

Many people find him very funny. Fact.

Many people are cunts. Fact.

Does it need to be analysed any more than that?

can you teach me the ways of succinctness?

I don't find him funny. He is a relic of a different time. I don't really think about political correctness that much, however i do have a moral streak that tell's me when something just isn't right. I wouldn't like a comedian overtly offending anyone in a rascist or sexist way in the exact same way i would take offence to a complete stranger doing it. The political correctness arguement is stale and runs in circles, people should rely on their moral judgement.

An example is Jim Davidson. Fair enough he is a comedian and he makes a living with jokes. He makes jokes about "spastics" and my brother is severly disabled. Should i laugh just because he is a comedian? Am i being a PC thug or is he just being an insensative prick?

I don't find him funny. He is a relic of a different time. I don't really think about political correctness that much' date=' however i do have a moral streak that tell's me when something just isn't right. I wouldn't like a comedian overtly offending anyone in a rascist or sexist way in the exact same way i would take offence to a complete stranger doing it. The political correctness arguement is stale and runs in circles, people should rely on their moral judgement.

An example is Jim Davidson. Fair enough he is a comedian and he makes a living with jokes. He makes jokes about "spastics" and my brother is severly disabled. Should i laugh just because he is a comedian? Am i being a PC thug or is he just being an insensative prick?[/quote']

He's still funnier than Ben Elton though!!

It was a decision was it? "Okay' date=' from this day on - no jokes about women, they're not funny anymore. Lets get Benny Hill off the air, he's warping the minds of Britain's youth."

Considering the fact that Roy Chubby Brown is still doing plenty of gigs, don't you think your statement - "you mean before we decided that being derogatory towards women wasn't funny anymore?" - is actually wrong?

"i take it the same goes for those jokes about wogs and pakis that were such a riot in the 70s?"

Oh, the old racism card. And so soon after I was getting accused of playing the PC card. Nice one, Mrs Whitehouse.[/quote']

What are you on about? it has nothing to do with being overtly pc, its all to do with respect for women, respect for the cultural environment we live in, and the non acceptance of the "cheap shot" media culture that is so warmly embraced by the Daily Mirror, The Sun, Roy Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson and all the people who appreciate them.

I think he is awful, I watched 1 video and my skin crawled and I cant understand why he would get an audience....but thats just an opinion, and I am entitled to it.

"Considering the fact that Roy Chubby Brown is still doing plenty of gigs" I hope thats not implying he's therfore good!!!

Benny Hill was at No1 in the singles charts for months with "Ernie the fastest milkman in the west" does that make it good?

G...