aberdeen-music

Roy 'Chubby' Brown

Lazy Gun

Had a ticket to go see oasis for last night but as ive seen them about 15 times i thought id take my mate up on his offer on a chubby ticket and it was fuckin amazing! I didnt think id like it as im more into Gervais/Coogan stuff but he was really good, im gonna get some of his dvd's so i can spread the dirty word!

Any one else catch him?

:up:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh' date=' very highbrow. I take it you dont laugh when someone farts either?!

I dont think its big or clever, but it was funny.[/quote']

even the word fart is funny.

here's a seasonal joke,

there's santa, an intelligent woman and an intelligent man trapped in a cave. They are all starving - but there is only one sausage.. who gets it.

the intelligent man as the rest don't exist... boom boom.

so by your logic you can say whatever you want about any subject as long as people "remember it's a joke"?

Don't be so ridiculous. There's a big difference between the joke above and someone saying "Let's go kill some niggers. Haha, I'm only joking." Just more of this hippy crap about everyone tiptoeing around saying anything that may possibly offend someone. The worst joke on this thread is political correctness.

and, if anyone has forgotten, roy chubby brown ripped off most of the jokes from Australia's Rodney Rude, a vile little sexist, homophobic, red neck comedian....who, because is so extreme, i find HIM funny, not his jokes.

he also drops in a load of self loathing too, which, probably hints that his "routine" is just for show, I don't think he is "really" a racist...just someone who takes the piss out of everyone, even himself...

Guest tv tanned
Don't be so ridiculous. There's a big difference between the joke above and someone saying "Let's go kill some niggers. Haha' date=' I'm only joking." Just more of this hippy crap about everyone tiptoeing around saying anything that may possibly offend someone. The worst joke on this thread is political correctness.[/quote']

Yes, let's jump on the old 'political correctness is rubbish' bandwagon.

I'm not saying that we should tiptoe round issues, but being offensive for the sake of being offensive is a pointless pursuit.

Yes' date=' let's jump on the old 'political correctness is rubbish' bandwagon.

I'm not saying that we should tiptoe round issues, but being offensive for the sake of being offensive is a pointless pursuit.[/quote']

Why do you presume he is jumping on this "bandwagon" ?

Cant you understand the whole concept of people having different oppinions from your own ?

Calum OOt

Guest tv tanned
Why do you presume he is jumping on this "bandwagon" ?

Cant you understand the whole concept of people having different oppinions from your own ?

Calum OOt

I perfectly understand and accept that people will have different opinions from me.

Do you not understand the whole concept of people being allowed to challenge the opinions of others?

and' date=' if anyone has forgotten, roy chubby brown ripped off most of the jokes from Australia's Rodney Rude, a vile little sexist, homophobic, red neck comedian....who, because is so extreme, i find HIM funny, not his jokes.

he also drops in a load of self loathing too, which, probably hints that his "routine" is just for show, I don't think he is "really" a racist...just someone who takes the piss out of everyone, even himself...[/quote']

completely agree. Comedians like Billy Connoly wouldn't be funny if they just told jokes and swore a lot. His delivery most times is the joke. His perception of every day things and making them funny is genius.