aberdeen-music

Oasis A.e.c.c 12/12/05

rowan

thats the third time ive seen them and its still great. Still the best "anthem" band going and fantastic live. Yaddy Yaddy ya about the Neds/Pill Poppers, there was a great mix of people. I didnt see any agro towards anyone.

The football chants get on my tits, and its a pity they seem to happen at EVERY big gig these days. However, nothing can beat being part of 8,000 people singing along to Dont Look Back in Anger, Live Forever, The Masterplan, Ciggarettes and Alcohol etc etc (basically every song)

Didnt go. The last time i seen them was at T in the Park and afetr that i thought they sounded more old mans easy listening than Paul Fuckin Weller!!!!!!

Sorry to all the die hards but what the fuck happened to the attitude and proper rock star image! It must be the wives!!!!

HAHAHAHA

Anyway im glad people liked em and they do deserve respect for playing more than an hour or so like a lot of bands do!!

Guest bluesxman
I don't see nothing wrong with the football chants at gigs.It only gets annoying after about the 8th time of doing it.I always think the bands enjoy it and it will always make them remember they were in Aberdeen instead of forgetting they'd ever come here.

When Ian Brown played the Music Hall he started up a rendition of the 'Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Aberdeen' chanting, seems it stood out for him from the Roses gig at the same venue....

How does one recognise someone who is on pills' date=' rather than just drunk or on some other kind of drug?

Respect to Deviada for using the Aberdonian "bams" rather than the Glaswegian "neds". Disrespect for saying a crowd singing Stand Free makes you feel ashamed to be Aberdonian[/quote']

You mean you can't tell if someone is on pills? Agree with the rest though.

Disrespect for saying a crowd singing Stand Free makes you feel ashamed to be Aberdonian

It does at a gig. It always make me cringe.

I Can be at the game on Saturday afternoon singing "Stand free" with the rest of the Red Army' date=' loving it, but if I'm at a gig that same night and hear it there, I cringe.

[i']Fitba and music don't mix.

(Apart from Sham 69's terrace anthems!)

i really enjoyed it, maybe not the best ive seen them but yeah they were good, liam looked like he actually enjoyed being in aberdeen and clapped to us many times, he never even went mental when getting pelted at. They sang the masterplan so that made my day, fucking ace, although 35 for poor support? think they could have easily got alot better support than that

Fantasic gig! Shame about the absolute shite support band, but luckily the cheers of 'YER SHITE GET OFF' and chants of 'Oasis Oasis Oasis' made it highly comical.

Couldn't have asked for better songs either, sitting on some fat bloke's shoulders during 'live forever' was classic. And all the greats from their first two albums (almost a decade old!)

Watching such an arrogant and cocky frontman make gestures at the crowd ('come on then!'), was ace. The sexy bastard.

By the way I lost my shoe.

Guest DustyDeviada
It does at a gig. It always make me cringe.

I Can be at the game on Saturday afternoon singing "Stand free" with the rest of the Red Army' date=' loving it, but if I'm at a gig that same night and hear it there, I cringe.

[/quote']

Spot on, my thoughts exactly.

There's a time and a place...

Although good to see that Liam took the opportunity to wind up the Huns by going on about Keane in Glasgow last night.