aberdeen-music

what records you been buying?

xabandonyoux

I've got "Season's End" on Picture Disc LP (for some reason) - worth a few bob?

Not particularly, probably about 5-10 I'd reckon - mosty Marillion pic disks are worth about a fiver, I might know someone who would like to buy it though if you do fancy selling, most marillion stuff isnt at all collectable, the most collectable is MSH picture Disk - only 3000 made, goes for about 30, Brave Double vinyl - goes for about 100, the Fish era picture disk of the Best of Both Worlds apparently goes for about 100-150, and the Man of 1000 Faces cd single which goes for a similar amount.

Cheers

Stuart

Twin grooves! I'd forgotten about that. I've got Monty Python album with two completely different sides on one side. If you see what I mean. I didn't realise until about two years after I bought it.

That's where they knicked the idea from, very good idea, the randomness of it is very python. marillion did it wiith Brave as the it's a concept piece and there's 2 endings, one where the main character dies, and one where she lives. I wouldnt mind getting a copy of that python album, which one is it again ?

Cheers

Stuart

That's where they knicked the idea from' date=' very good idea, the randomness of it is very python. marillion did it wiith Brave as the it's a concept piece and there's 2 endings, one where the main character dies, and one where she lives. I wouldnt mind getting a copy of that python album, which one is it again ?

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

I can't remember but I'll check tonight and let you know.

That's where they knicked the idea from' date=' very good idea, the randomness of it is very python. marillion did it wiith Brave as the it's a concept piece and there's 2 endings, one where the main character dies, and one where she lives. I wouldnt mind getting a copy of that python album, which one is it again ?

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

The Monty Python Matching Tie and Hankerchief

yes thats records. not cds.

somebody must be buying it.

anyway' date='

i excuse/manifesto jukebox-split (7")

Fugazi-repeater(12")

ensign/fig 4.0-split (7")

so what all you lovely people spending your pennies on??? :popcorn:[/quote']

i got those 3 records :p. *thinks* i havent bought much records lately cos im poor...well got dead 60s and the research 7"s, rehasher, hot water music, less than jake, fiya, glasses and ashes lps, malkovich 10" and jets vs sharks 12" but that was couple of months ago now...

Guest bluesxman
please tell me you're taking the piss..?

um' date=' i mean, have you listened to any other dylan? '51st highway'? 'blood on the tracks'? 'desire'? 'blonde on blonde'? 'retard say what'?[/quote']

I know it is Nick Cave's fave Dylan album - clue in the avatar. Or mebbe just co-incidence.

Records I've asked for (and basically won on Ebay for xmas):

Ocean Colour Scene - Ocean Colour Scene

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon (30th Anniversary Edition, new)

The Darkness - One Way Ticket To Hell...And Back (new)

Kings Of Leon - Youth And Young Manhood (new)

Thin Lizzy - Fighting (mint)

Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox (mint)

Other 7"s

The Darkness - One Way Ticket picture disc single

System Of A Down - Hypnotize single

SEE LOTS OF VINYL LOVERS I DO :up:

so why is it that hmv and virgin have fuck all records. a few 7" singles crammed in a corner does not me a happy customer make. yeah.

GET IT SORTED!! :swearing:

well done one up for a reasonable amount of records. im sure theres other places as well. i just dont know about them. apparently tunnels has a record shop with prices that you have to sell your siblings on ebay to be able to buy anything! :down:

great use of smilies. :princess:

Guest bluesxman
SEE LOTS OF VINYL LOVERS I DO :up:

so why is it that hmv and virgin have fuck all records. a few 7" singles crammed in a corner does not me a happy customer make. yeah.

GET IT SORTED!! :swearing:

well done one up for a reasonable amount of records. im sure theres other places as well. i just dont know about them. apparently tunnels has a record shop with prices that you have to sell your siblings on ebay to be able to buy anything! :down:

great use of smilies. :princess:

The Cavern just down from One Up has a large selection of vinyl. And some prices to make you weep....but hey, that's the price you pay for being a vinyl head it seems....