aberdeen-music

Video - Ipods

Aaron_Robertson

Guest five years
Hey Peeps' date='

My dad was going to get me a NANO ipod for Xmas... It was around 160 - 180 for a 4GB One...

I saw A Video Ipod last nite in town 20 GB for 210 ... Just as thin as the NANO but Wider.. for the sake of 30 - 50 quid ide rather have the video

does anyone else have one and is it worth getting?

Cheers Aaron[/quote']

i don't see the point in the video ipods, i mean...how many times are you gonna watch a music video? there's no point putting movies on, because the battery will never last long enough, plus the screen quality will be pish.

i've got one of the 20gb normal ipods and have no problems with it, apart from the battery not lasting that great.

the video ipod's just an apple gimmick...surprisingly just in time for christmas...

Guest DustyDeviada

The battery lasts around 3 hours in video mode, so pretty handy for watching a film on the train.

Oh, and they come in 30GB and 60GB, so I would say definitely worth the extra cash for the increased capacity alone, unless you really need the teeny version and you aren't bothered about sound quality.

Guest five years
The battery lasts around 3 hours in video mode' date=' so pretty handy for watching a film on the train.

[/quote']

annoying on that 8 hour flight/drive/train journey though...

Guest DustyDeviada
annoying on that 8 hour flight/drive/train journey though...

But better of course than a nano which gives you, um, no video playback at all.

I've seen a mate's video iPod and the quality of video playback is ace, titchy screen of course but handy that you can stick it in your pocket, unlike a portable DVD player.

At the end of the day, most people were happy enough with the standard iPod, they've now introduced a cool new feature but kept the price the same. Can't see what the problem is, unless you're someone who already bought a non-video iPod and are now pissed off because you want a video one.