aberdeen-music

Christmas Presents

Ghostwriter

Tesco is doing two books for 20 at the moment' date=' get them a biography to keep them happy.[/quote']

yea get your parents a biography of some random shithead celebrity, from tescos on the cheap, that is sure to go down well. If your parents are retarded that is.

The whole rigmarole of giving and receiving gifts at christmas and birthdays irritates the hell out of me, but unfortunately I suppose we are obliged to take part in this stupid ritual.

Knowing my parents interests it's usually fairly easy to pick something up that they will regard as a thoughtful gift. Alcohol is always a good standby if all else fails.

yea get your parents a biography of some random shithead celebrity' date=' from tescos on the cheap, that is sure to go down well. If your parents are retarded that is.

The whole rigmarole of giving and receiving gifts at christmas and birthdays irritates the hell out of me, but unfortunately I suppose we are obliged to take part in this stupid ritual.

Knowing my parents interests it's usually fairly easy to pick something up that they will regard as a thoughtful gift. Alcohol is always a good standby if all else fails.[/quote']

grinch.gif

grinch.gif

its funny that the image you linked there is hosted on "americanpopularculture.com". I'm not a "grinch" or an ebeneezer scrooge, I just don't buy into the mass hallucination that is christmas. I'm not a christian, I just see the whole thing as a bizarre ritual that people engage themselves in for no reason beyond the fact that everyone else does it.

its funny that the image you linked there is hosted on "americanpopularculture.com". I'm not a "grinch" or an ebeneezer scrooge' date=' I just don't buy into the mass hallucination that is christmas. I'm not a christian, I just see the whole thing as a bizarre ritual that people engage themselves in for no reason beyond the fact that everyone else does it.[/quote']

cheer the fuck up

its funny that the image you linked there is hosted on "americanpopularculture.com". I'm not a "grinch" or an ebeneezer scrooge' date=' I just don't buy into the mass hallucination that is christmas. I'm not a christian, I just see the whole thing as a bizarre ritual that people engage themselves in for no reason beyond the fact that everyone else does it.[/quote']

It's like a blindfold has been lifted from my eyes!

It's like a blindfold has been lifted from my eyes!

oh right so you agree with me that its a pointless ritual performed out of habit, or you don't, and you engage in it yourself, and think im being miserable for having that view? You should make up your mind instead of posting inconsistent nonsense.

oh right so you agree with me that its a pointless ritual performed out of habit' date=' or you don't, and you engage in it yourself, and think im being miserable for having that view? You should make up your mind instead of posting inconsistent nonsense.[/quote']

Surely to God you identified the sarcasm in that post!

To clarify, if you don't feel the need to participate in Christmas then don't. I can normally see the point behind your wild preachings, although I don't usually agree with them, it's just the melodrama of how you word things. Like "the mass hallucination of Christmas", it's just exchanging a couple of presents, eating Turkey and watching Only Fools and Horses repeats, not some kind of mind control Orwellian nightmare!

Surely to God you identified the sarcasm in that post!

To clarify' date=' if you don't feel the need to participate in Christmas then don't. I can normally see the point behind your wild preachings, although I don't usually agree with them, it's just the melodrama of how you word things. Like "the mass hallucination of Christmas", it's just exchanging a couple of presents, eating Turkey and watching Only Fools and Horses repeats, not some kind of mind control Orwellian nightmare![/quote']

I don't think it's going too far to call it mass hysteria. It's like the media and the corporations flip a switch, and suddenly most of the popluation is turned on to the idea they are peddling, wether its christmas, easter, halloween, or the latest harry potter/narnia/xbox360 crap. Melodrama has nothing to do with it, I think life is serious business.

Like "the mass hallucination of Christmas"' date=' it's just exchanging a couple of presents, eating Turkey and watching Only Fools and Horses repeats, not some kind of mind control Orwellian nightmare![/quote']

It's an event that persuades the majority of the populace to think, plan and worry about it and little else for the best part of a month every year. Not to mention spend hundreds of pounds, often getting into serious debt to give each other things they probably don't really want.

Last week I overheard a couple of women laden with shopping bags complaining that 'it just doesn't feel like Christmas this year'. It was still November.

oh right so you agree with me that its a pointless ritual performed out of habit' date=' or you don't, and you engage in it yourself, and think im being miserable for having that view? You should make up your mind instead of posting inconsistent nonsense.[/quote']

I aint having a go here or anything but ffs mate lighten up eh...its bloody christmas....If you think like this then obviously you as a person have forgot how to celebrate christams EXACTLY how you like spending it....unless your like 5 yrs old and your still being told how to live your life.. just cos the mass have bastardised crimbo doesnt mean you have to......

Less negativity more love in your life and that opinion will soon fade..

IN WITH ANGER OUT WITH LOVE.....

"BRITONS will waste 1.2bn on unwanted Christmas presents.

New research by Oxfam says that shoppers will spend about 33 each by panic buying last-minute festive gifts.

Director of trading Chris Coe said: 'We were astounded to find that the average person will think nothing of rushing out to spend over 30 on unwanted gifts.'

That money could fund Oxfam's entire global project spend for the next 12 years, the charity said. "

New research by Oxfam says that shoppers will spend about 33 each by panic buying last-minute festive gifts.

Director of trading Chris Coe said: 'We were astounded to find that the average person will think nothing of rushing out to spend over 30 on unwanted gifts.'

That money could fund Oxfam's entire global project spend for the next 12 years' date=' the charity said.[/b'] "

Well said Frosty, I would much rather give money to people in Pakistan who are freezing to death than people who expect a Xmas card. Alternatively, I would give a donation to Scope or even better, go to the Scope concert on Sunday featuring MMW and friends (Im such a whore)

That money could fund Oxfam's entire global project spend for the next 12 years' date=' the charity said.[/b'] "

Believe me, if I'm going to spend 33 pounds on presents, I'll be making damn sure the recipient wants the present. I don't think I can remember the last time I spent 33 pounds on myself, never mind panic-buying some Uncle a Gary Lineker's Top 100 Goals DVD.

I do enjoy christmas and buying presents for a few people, I've never really been into celebrating birthdays, so it gives me a chance to get into that "celebratory" spirit for one day a year. I've also given a fairly high amount of cash to Oxfam this year buying tat from charity shops, so I think I can give a few presents this year without feeling like a moral failure.