aberdeen-music

A year since Dimebag died

Hog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think john lennon has a bit more importance than some guitarist that was in a half arsed band.:down:

Half-arsed would mean they didn't try! Were you there when they made their albums James? I'm not saying they're good just that your insult is stupid.

"Motown! Motown junk! I laughed when Lennon got shot"

i think john lennon has a bit more importance than some guitarist that was in a half arsed band.:down:

Ah ignorance. Isn't it great?

Just because you don't know anything about the style of music Dimebag played or the band he was in doesn't mean you have to insult his memory or his playing.

Dimebag's playing was a huge influence on today's metal acts and his death was more important to me than Lennon, Peel, Strummer or any other pop icon who's died in recent times. I'm sure countless others feel the same. That's not to belittle Lennon or Strummer, it's just Dime's music meant a great deal more to me than any of theirs and without it I'd be a completely different guitar player.

Ah ignorance. Isn't it great?

Just because you don't know anything about the style of music Dimebag played or the band he was in doesn't mean you have to insult his memory or his playing.

how do you know that i dont know anything about dimebag and his music. I have heard pantera and im not really into their music. fair enough i take it back that he was in a half - arsed band. The only reason i said that was because their was no need to say "fuck john lennon the wife beater"

alright then neil. I feel that hogs comments on john lennon and i thought i would retort. I dont think dimebag was a rock n roll legend either.

Dimebag treated his fans with great respect, invited a lot of them to his home, always had time for disabled fans, wrote grammy award nominated albums, he refused to join Megadeth (a great career move) without having his brother as drummer. He was a very unselfish individual with a big heart,was banned from all guitar competitions in Texas by the age of 16 etc etc. He didnt, 1) Beat his wife 2) Marry some waste of time weirdo and make shitty arty albums, disappear up his own arse, record an album of his wife coughing.

Im not talking about who is the best musician, I just feel that Dime did a lot of good during his short life, I dont think Lennon deserves the same respect.

how do you know that i dont know anything about dimebag and his music. I have heard pantera and im not really into their music. fair enough i take it back that he was in a half - arsed band. The only reason i said that was because their was no need to say "fuck john lennon the wife beater"

Sorry, I didnt realise that he actually didnt beat the shit out his wife. I simply dont respect people who do.

Dimebag treated his fans with great respect' date=' invited a lot of them to his home, always had time for disabled fans, wrote grammy award nominated albums, he refused to join Megadeth (a great career move) without having his brother as drummer. He was a very unselfish individual with a big heart,was banned from all guitar competitions in Texas by the age of 16 etc etc. He didnt, 1) Beat his wife 2) Marry some waste of time weirdo and make shitty arty albums, disappear up his own arse, record an album of his wife coughing.

Im not talking about who is the best musician, I just feel that Dime did a lot of good during his short life, I dont think Lennon deserves the same respect.[/quote']

Well you obviously haven't seen the "Imagine" film where, at the height of Lennon's popularity, a clearly disturbed fan turns up at Lennon's home saying John was writing the lyrics about him. Rather than phone the police or simply chuck the guy out, Lennon, without even thinking invites him in for some food and lets him sit at the table with his family and producers. He invited an unknown photographer to photograph the Imagine sessions and gave him the opportunity to hang out with George Harrison and Phil Spector. etc. etc.

He never beat up Yoko.

Granted, his music was abysmal near the end of his life, but if you're talking about "good things in a short life" I think you'll find that despite being one of the most famous and recognisable faces in the entire world Lennon had a lot of time for his fans.

The guy was shot giving an autograph to a guy for the second day in a row for fucks sake! and he did it with no worries and was shot five times for his openess.

Lennon deserves the same amount of respect as "Dimebag."

They both meant a lot to a lot of people, but just because you don't personally like one doesn't mean you should dismiss what they did.

Me? Don't like Pantera. Still respect and realise what "Dimebag" did for the metal genre and how talented he was. You just have to look at all the tributes that poured in to see how popular and down to earth he was.

Anyway, have some respect for the dead...........

Well you obviously haven't seen the "Imagine" film where' date=' at the height of Lennon's popularity, a clearly disturbed fan turns up at Lennon's home saying John was writing the lyrics about him. Rather than phone the police or simply chuck the guy out, Lennon, without even thinking invites him in for some food and lets him sit at the table with his family and producers. He invited an unknown photographer to photograph the Imagine sessions and gave him the opportunity to hang out with George Harrison and Phil Spector. etc. etc.

He never beat up Yoko.

Granted, his music was abysmal near the end of his life, but if you're talking about "good things in a short life" I think you'll find that despite being one of the most famous and recognisable faces in the entire world Lennon had a lot of time for his fans.

The guy was shot giving an autograph to a guy for the second day in a row for fucks sake! and he did it with no worries and was shot five times for his openess.

Lennon deserves the same amount of respect as "Dimebag."

They both meant a lot to a lot of people, but just because you don't personally like one doesn't mean you should dismiss what they did.

Me? Don't like Pantera. Still respect and realise what "Dimebag" did for the metal genre and how talented he was. You just have to look at all the tributes that poured in to see how popular and down to earth he was.

Anyway, have some respect for the dead...........[/quote']

Post of the week.

Lennon didnt hit Yoko but he hit his first wife. I will not respect someone who smacked his wife around dead or alive.

However, My initial post was a bit OTT, I apologise for that. Yes I agree, both musicians provided decent music to their chosen genres.

Lets cut the crap and respect the memory of both legends. End of.

Fair enough, sounds good to me.

One last point to the person who said that the Mods should deal with me for speaking my mind like that is laughable. If you have such a problem, report me, whatever, I just dont respect people who beat the shit out of women, dead or alive (referring to the beater to the beated hehe) *reads the rules*

Anyway. Yep, what Taylor said.

Fair enough' date=' sounds good to me.

One last point to the person who said that the Mods should deal with me for speaking my mind like that is laughable. If you have such a problem, report me, whatever, I just dont respect people who beat the shit out of women, dead or alive (referring to the beater to the beated hehe) *reads the rules*

Anyway. Yep, what Taylor said.[/quote']

That was me! A bit OTT on my part too. Wasn't meant as a dig at you.....

Lennon didnt hit Yoko but he hit his first wife. I will not respect someone who smacked his wife around dead or alive.

However' date=' My initial post was a bit OTT, I apologise for that. Yes I agree, both musicians provided decent music to their chosen genres.[/quote']

Hog why even mention Lennon at all if you having nothing but shite to say about him? I know nothing about Dimebag but would not write such a post even if he had some unpleasent traits.

You are displaying both ignorance and disrepect. Quite apart from the influence Lennon had on music as part of The Beatles, you pick on one aspect of his personal history.

I put to you that you only know he was a wife beater because of Lennon himself and his honesty. He was not proud of the fact, but was big enough to admit to it and then campaign and write for sex equality of women. The other thing to consider is that life and morals today are very different to a male dominated tiem where domestic violence wasn't unusual.

No one is saint (certainly not Lennon) and I'm sure Dimebag had his flaws and I know you are a reasonable and intelligent bloke, that's why I just can't undersand your bitterness.

As for the other Manic's joker, think for yourself.

John Lennon did not blow his head off or die from drug abuse...he was murdered without motive or reason. Maybe the eejits on here would have respected him a bit more. Oh the irony.