Data Panik

The Videos

Death By Dave

Thursday 15th December 05

The Tunnels, Aberdeen:

Phone (01224) 211121:

Entry 5:

Doors 8pm

Data Panik formed from the ashes of the dear-departed BIS in early 2005 in a fashion not dissimilar to Christopher Lee rising from the dead as Dracula in Hammer Horror's classic "Dracula Has Risen From The Grave". Bis went mostly under-appreciated in their lifetime although the benefit of hindsight has recently led the Scottish public to voting 1997's "The New Transistor Heroes" at No.4 in the Top 50 Scottish Albums Of All-Time list and a respectable No.16 in The Top 50 Scottish Bands Of All Time list. Many of 2005's upcoming Electro-Pop bands noticeably nod in Bis' direction stylistically. As a taster for forthcoming material and live performances, Data Panik self-released a 7 with "Cubis (I Love You)" and "Sense Not Sense", songs which stretch their New-Wave, Disco and Electronic Punk influences to the extremes. Comparisons so far have ranged from Devo and The B-52's to Rip, Rig and Panic and early Human League. To date Rough Trade Records in London have sold 200 copies in one branch alone! The core trio of Manda, John and Steven will be joined by drummer Graham C and bassist Stuart Memo for future live shows, showcasing tracks such as "Mechanical Love", "The Rulers And The States" and "Love To Hate You" which truly transcend their reference points to create a sound that is as fresh as it is dangerously unique.

www.datapanik.co.uk

Local supports of QUALITY & ORIGINALITY

Don't be lazy :p

(actually' date=' I was wanting to know about Death by Dave, i've heard the name mentioned before but know absolutely nothing about who/what/why/etc they are)[/quote']

It was my laziness so:

Death By Dave are described in the new Lemon Tree brochure as:

"Two men, two guitars, some electronics and a table lamp..not to be misssed, unless you have a note from your mum"

Couldn't have put it better myself

A Videos update.

"We're recording away, should have 3 tracks fully produced and finished for the new year, we're mainly doing this to attempt to get another distribution deal... so fingers crossed...plan to release it at a later date.

Plan of attack for next year is once we got the record finished (album is also in the pipeline, we sitting with most of the tracks only needing final guitars, synth and vocal) we're going to be doing a lot more out of town gigs and hopefully get back down to London to do a few down there again."

i've got their ep somewhere' date=' they have a myspace [url']www.myspace.com/deathbydave

they are ace

they consist of dave who is dave (dave from the vandelays)

dave who is jamie (jamie who works in drummonds, and is the manager of the vandelays)

and dave who is lamp, who's only role is ilumination

ive seen the light & thank you for the added information

:ding: :ding: :ding:

I'm tempted with this - The Videos sounded quite good on myspace & i'm intrigued a bit. Death By Dave sound.... interesting....

BUT..........

I fucking hated Bis. hated beyond belief. i may have to give it a miss for that reason alone.

I've also got a funny(ish) story about them wanting a remix from some by some friends of mine a few years back and they declined. I asked them what the excuse was they used when declining them - "we said - no, you're fucking shite".

Approach me and I shall purchase a delicious cold pint (nothing ridiculous like one of those special ones that costs a fiver or anything like that' date=' but a nice pint of Stella would be within my price range :) )

You'll know who I am... I'll be the only female on stage when the videos are playing :D[/quote']

Very tempting! I may take you up on that! Stella would be fine, cheers.

Stay for Data Panik and I'll buy you another :up:

This is ace! I'm going to threaten not to go to more gigs from now on!

Anyway, we'll see - I'll probably decide come Thursday.

'Kin hell' date=' I hated Bis and i'm out from early afternoon at a work Xmas lunch that day, but if someone buys me a beer i'll see any old pish...:rockon:[/quote']

2/3's of imp actually walked out of Bis's gig @ the lemon tree coz they were far too bland

Data Panic have much harder punkier electro sound & they will be very much better.

this is a great line up.......

will anybody buy us a pint & some :popcorn: :popcorn:

Electronic punk!!!!!!!

we thought it was a gig for weirdos with electronic toys and a penchant for stupidity!!

We cannot compete with that wee blurb about Data - Panik. So here's me tryin.........

Death by Dave were formed in early 2005 by a couple of stoners who thought it'd be funny. Suddenly it seemed everyone wanted a piece of them and they were forced to hole themselves up in a recording studio (Special Hell studios (also known as Dave's bedroom)) for many, many minutes and came up with the drivvell that is the Death by Dave e.p. (at One - Up for a mere 2.50). Following the phenomenal mediocrity of response they stopped doing anything until someone actually asked them to. They are gonna suck but it'll be like car crash tv and everyone loves that...............

So everyone raise your hands in the air and dance in the glow of the lamp

Dave who is Jamie

Electronic punk!!!!!!!

we thought it was a gig for weirdos with electronic toys and a penchant for stupidity!!

We cannot compete with that wee blurb about Data - Panik. So here's me tryin.........

Death by Dave were formed in early 2005 by a couple of stoners who thought it'd be funny. Suddenly it seemed everyone wanted a piece of them and they were forced to hole themselves up in a recording studio (Special Hell studios (also known as Dave's bedroom)) for many' date=' many minutes and came up with the drivvell that is the Death by Dave e.p. (at One - Up for a mere 2.50). Following the phenomenal mediocrity of response they stopped doing anything until someone actually asked them to. They are gonna suck but it'll be like car crash tv and everyone loves that...............

So everyone raise your hands in the air and dance in the glow of the lamp

Dave who is Jamie[/quote']

dave, marketing is a weird science at the best of times, i'm sure you will be amongst

good weird muso's who have all seen the light

Any chance of someone bootlegging this for Ol' Osaka-Jo for his return from Japan?

I was a big BIS fan and tried to book Data Panik for a Gun Club - I even played their first single a few times at the first coupla GCs.

Go on - someone do it.

fact

data panic are much much better than BIS, I have seen live recently

very excited about this