30.01.2006 - Sheffield Leadmill

31.01.2006 - Oxford Zodiac

01.02.2006 - Stoke Sugarmill

02.02.2006 - London ULU

it will be Glasgow for me.

anyone else made an order?

EDIT: it WILL be awesome no less.

Guest bluesxman
I've never heard them' date=' i'm just being silly and assuming they're fuckin' baws.[/quote']

You would be correct in your assumption. God-awful name and music that sounds like they've gone into a studio with the intent of coming out sounding like an amalgamation of Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party.

You would be correct in your assumption. God-awful name and music that sounds like they've gone into a studio with the intent of coming out sounding like an amalgamation of Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party.

This would make more sense if it wasn't utter bollocks. Nice try at sounding knowledgable though, you should have added comparisons to Coldplay or James Blunt in there for extra resonance.

I don't like the band but that description is way off the mark. There's only a small trace of Franz or Bloc Party in them. From what i've heard of the Blood Brothers they'd be a far better comparison.

I like this band although they do have that 'epworth' sound about some of their tracks.But stuff like 'catch-it' is like nothing iv ever heard (although to be fair i havnt heard that much) and is a million miles from franz or bloc party.But anyway, heaps of good, new bands have musical material that sounds like a few other bands mixed up. It seems most stuff has already been done.

I really don't like Testicicles as a band name, they may be the best band in the world but I'm sticking with my own hype for the moment:

The Beautiful New Born Children

A breathless, adrenaline-fuelled, amphetamine-spiked burst of punk rock spleen colliding with a fascination for the hypnotic motorik rhythms of so-called Krautrock and the textures of pure noise: that's THE BEAUTIFUL NEW BORN CHILDREN.

This is the filthiest, dirtiest, ugliest rock and roll mess heard in years. This is Raw Power, careering recklessly between MC5, The Buzzcocks, The Stooges and The Jesus & Mary Chain. Played with the kind of intensity that suggests their fingers are bleeding by the end of each and every song, THEBEAUTIFUL NEW BORN CHILDREN are as exciting and primal a band as you are likely to hear

From the Domino USA website

As a record label, you're bound to get music sent to you from aspiring musicians, hoping that their creative efforts find fertile ground and we welcome these submissions. Obviously, the more well known the label, the more music you get and from further afield. Sadly, the quantity far outstrips the quality by a thousand-fold and the process of sifting through all of this, um, creativity requires the persistence and patience of a '49er panning for precious metals in a streambed.

The Beautiful New Born Children are one of those bands that make such a labour of love worthwhile. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and, occasionally, bands do get signed off unsolicited demos.

The music came on a non-descript CD-R (with no contact info, mind you) that belied the contents within: feverish blasts of raw rock 'n' roll that stomps and swaggers all over the garage. Imagine The Sonics recording Slanted And Enchanted in 1966 for In The Red Records and you're in the neighbourhood. Have I oversold? Perhaps. But what the hell, careers have been built on worse hyperbole.

Much remains a mystery still. It took weeks to track 'em down through a six-degrees-of-separation game that only the internet age could possibly facilitate. And once contact was made, details were slow in coming. Sure, we've corresponded, even spoken once or twice. The lead singer plays guitar both here and with a bevy of other projects on the docket including, surprisingly, Schneider TM. The other guitarist is usually a bassist who happens to make a living designing lace patterns for women's lingerie. The drummer is usually a guitarist who picked up the sticks for the first time for The BNBC and was in a band before with the bassist, who's married to the lead singer.

And, yes, they're all parents to beautiful children, though only one of them is new born.

I don't like the band but that description is way off the mark. There's only a small trace of Franz or Bloc Party in them. From what i've heard of the Blood Brothers they'd be a far better comparison.

As much as I adore test icicles' date=' blood brothers are about fifty million times better. And they make better clothes in their free time. http://www.crystalcityclothing.com