aberdeen-music

Best Newcomer! FMA06 - yes, yet another poll

The Ghost Of Fudge

The really sad thing about this is that when I see Maxi next time I'll probaly be all nice and say 'how u doin' cos im a nice guy really:). Im really not bitter or angry at him I just wanted to make my point and feel I've done that now!

everyone defends their own band, its natural.

i just dont see any point in getting upset about what is said online, im not saying you were or anything but you know where im coming from with this.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there really is no point in getting upset about opinons. if you get upset then put down your instrument and walk away from the stage. not everyone can like you and not everyone will appreciate "unique" talents so having a 3 page argument just because that happened is simply futile.

I voted for Copy HaHo.

that is still going strong. i believe joe and rikki from copy haho play with them now' date=' they will play in 2006 hopefully, i reckon they will be one of aberdeens best new bands

the songwriting is immense[/quote']

Outstanding band i agree. Jammed with them once and was pretty much blown away. Better than any current aberdeen band.

aS FOR the stroszek vs maxi debate all i have to say is that its all my fault cos i new fine well that my initial post was goin to stir up shit. Although i didnt think it would get this personal and this drawn out, i still take full responsibility.

Maxi is cool, stroszek is cool .

Guest Les Stroszek
there really is no point in getting upset about opinons. if you get upset then put down your instrument and walk away from the stage. not everyone can like you and not everyone will appreciate "unique" talents so having a 3 page argument just because that happened is simply futile.

I voted for Copy HaHo.

Well thinking about this I apologise if I seemed a little harsh. I just hope really that this argument can be forgotton about quickly and that it doesn't give people the wrong impression of us as we are not outspoken or agressive people as perhaps has came across here and we always act professionally and respectfully towards venues, promoterrs and other bands. My new years resolution will be to keep my big mouth shut and enjoy what I do without caring about what others think!

Well thinking about this I apologise if I seemed a little harsh. I just hope really that this argument can be forgotton about quickly and that it doesn't give people the wrong impression of us as we are not outspoken or agressive people as perhaps has came across here and we always act professionally and respectfully towards venues' date=' promoterrs and other bands. My new years resolution will be to keep my big mouth shut and enjoy what I do without caring about what others think![/quote']

Fuck, I was hoping the three of us would take a joint new year's resolution to be utter cunts all the time.

Without trying to start up the argument again (honestly!), I notice that Maxwell has declined to explain what exactly is so bad about a bassist playing their bass like a guitar, something I was actually far more interested in than whether he likes us or not.

I voted Stroszeck

The couple of tracks I've heard are pretty decent.

I think it is beneficial for bands to be slagged off in a merciless manner by the likes of Maxi, at least he has the balls to give an opinion rather than "you are great" or "you are shite". I like getting negative feedback,it encourages my bands to improve our sets.

so in other words' date=' lets all sit down (or stand if your sitting) take a deap breath and think happy thoughts, like the sound of a marshall cab falling on gregor or seeing a lighting rig fall down and take out bryn. :)[/quote']

That is a waste of a good lighting rig(well it really depends which venue) but still!

edit:

i should add that this was ment as a joke and i under no circumstances would like to see a good marshall stack fall over or see a decent lighting rig fall down.....phew glad thats cleared up.

...what exactly is so bad about a bassist playing their bass like a guitar' date=' something I was actually far more interested in than whether he likes us or not.[/quote']

I don't like the sound of a guitarist playing bass generally as they never seem to fit into the right groove as the drummer. Alot of Jimii Hendrix Experience recordings show of some terrible guitarist playing bass from Noel Redding.

Saying that Stroszek play with a drum machine, and I am also guilty of playing bass like a guitarist... :D

Guest Les Stroszek

Yeah cos you we're in Stroszek! I don't think its a big problem I think he means playing a kind of lead guitar style bass, guess we won't do it all the time just depends on the song. I was thinking that we should do some funky disco bass lines next...

Guest Les Stroszek

I've never been anything but nice to you Oliie but you seem to take things the wrong way. Its not very nice to have said that as I would not slag you here. For some reason you've been really doen on me recently starting that Maxwell argument then this. I don't need it. I doesn't matter if you vote for me. Grow up! If you've got problems then speak to me don't go slagging me on here. I've had enough false rumours flying about myself. Its damaging to the band especially in the eyes of promoters who may not give us a chance because of these things. I don't think people should be getting personal over these awards its just a bit of fun, seriously good luck to all the other bands I've never been expecting us to win front the start. I seriously mean its not important to us!:up:

I notice that Maxwell has declined to explain what exactly is so bad about a bassist playing their bass like a guitar' date=' something I was actually far more interested in than whether he likes us or not.[/quote']

sorry douglas, i happen to have missed that there

your bass playing = you wanking up and down your frets while the song falls to pieces (in my humble/tinnitus ridden ears) just sounds like a pile of mince.

it doesnt help when you are out of time, perhaps it was a bad night etc perhaps the (lack of) soundsystem was to blame. but either way its not my problem

i shouldnt have said playing it like a guitar, as when done properly (small enclosed area/mogwai/red sparowes/shellac etc) it can sound awesome.

I've never been anything but nice to you Oliie but you seem to take things the wrong way. Its not very nice to have said that as I would not slag you here. For some reason you've been really doen on me recently starting that Maxwell argument then this. I don't need it. I doesn't matter if you vote for me. Grow up! If you've got problems then speak to me don't go slagging me on here. I've had enough false rumours flying about myself. Its damaging to the band especially in the eyes of promoters who may not give us a chance because of these things. I don't think people should be getting personal over these awards its just a bit of fun' date=' seriously good luck to all the other bands I've never been expecting us to win front the start. I seriously mean its not important to us!:up:[/quote']

quality, my msg wasnt a dig at u at all, just banter, merry xmas x