aberdeen-music

Best Newcomer! FMA06 - yes, yet another poll

The Ghost Of Fudge

Guest Les Stroszek

I've hardly been drinking at all recently its great think I'll go sober.

If you think this is bad its not the most violent reaction by a bandmate to Stuart Maxwell that I've seen. I was with Rhalina when she walked over to him outside Drakes and knocked a full pint clean out of his hands, smashing it against the ground! I've since realised that he doesn't like any bands Im in, even though he said Im a good guitar player. Maybe I should build my own guiitar out of old household appliances, form a screamo band and have my own bedroom based record label - Migraine Records (Scotland) then we'll be a lot more pretentious and everyone will love us cos it cool!!

I don't hate him & don't care about his opinion. The fact that we've met some people at gigs and through Myspace who really like our stuff is much more important than the fact that hes been slagging us off! I've never been interested in playing up to scenesters.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am really pretentious and im the coolest scenester ever

the rest of you are just shit

and richey have a big hug and a kiss from me, the "enemies" i have are generally people who have a gripe with me because i *gasp* said i didnt like their band or something silly like that. sad or what? :)

good luck on your quest for the big time (glasgow) im sure itll be great for you. you can easily get away with playing a set of the same songs three times a week in glasgow, its a big big place

xxx

Guest Les Stroszek

We'll thats utter crap as we don't always play the same set up here anyway! You've only seen us once so you don't know that! Also I've written a lot of stuff recently some of which is needing lyrics so we're not short of material and we've got more new songs to come which is not bad for a band who've only been gigging for a few months.

Im going to Glasgow, personally, for a number of reasons not just the band and I want to try living somewhere else for a while to see what I can do. There's not a lot happening up here really. Its not like im going about screaming about how Im going to make the big time like some bands do (no we're not singing to Sony, Polydor or BMG!) as realistically its unlikely for anyone. I am interested in seeing what we can do with the band down there and just trying something different with my life as theres nothing keeping me here so why not?

Also Id like to point out that I've never had any gripe with you I take your comments with a pince of salt and hopefully my sarcastic reply today was taken the same way. I know that he would have been drunk when he posted that and as you know we all say daft things with a drink! Anybody who has seen us in Glasgow has described us as 'Tunesmiths' :laughing:.

and richey have a big hug and a kiss from me' date=' the "enemies" i have are generally people who have a gripe with me because i *gasp* said i didnt like their band or something silly like that. sad or what? :)

good luck on your quest for the big time (glasgow) im sure itll be great for you. you can easily get away with playing a set of the same songs three times a week in glasgow, its a big big place

xxx[/quote']

I think you'll find you have "enemies" because you're an over-opinionated cunt who believes his views are the fucking gospel of the Aberdeen music "scene". For example, we all know by now how much you hate Identity, so it's getting pretty fucking boring hearing you slag them off at EVERY opportunity you get. You don't like them, fair enough. Nobody else REALLY gives a shit though.

How about you come out and say what you actually think of us, rather than snide little comments about us playing "three gigs a week" and other fantastic gems we've heard, like me playing my bass like a guitar (last time I heard someone saying that about a bassist, it was a compliment, so I don't see why you think it's a criticism).

and richey have a big hug and a kiss from me' date=' the "enemies" i have are generally people who have a gripe with me because i *gasp* said i didnt like their band or something silly like that. sad or what? :)

xxx[/quote']

I have just joined this forum, and I think you are a pretty rude man. That is if you really are a man. I bet you're not macho.

I think you'll find you have "enemies" because you're an over-opinionated cunt who believes his views are the fucking gospel of the Aberdeen music "scene"

you have never met me or spoken to me' date=' when you get to know me perhaps you can make these personal accusations *ahem*moderator

why question the aberdeen music scene?? this is a scene that you stroxzek girls seem to refuse exists, is it because you prefer to sit on your twatspace.com or aberdeen-music.com rather than go to actual gigs??

For example, we all know by now how much you hate Identity, so it's getting pretty fucking boring hearing you slag them off at EVERY opportunity you get. You don't like them, fair enough. Nobody else REALLY gives a shit though.

thats cool, that prob means that nobody listens to anything i said about 8 months ago :), why dig it up now??

How about you come out and say what you actually think of us' date=' rather than snide little comments about us playing "three gigs a week" and other fantastic gems we've heard, like me playing my bass like a guitar (last time I heard someone saying that about a bassist, it was a compliment, so I don't see why you think it's a criticism).[/quote']

if you like i will, but please promise i dont get a girly reaction (on the boards of course, right as rain to face) like i did from RICHEY J (frontman of stroszxzkeck)

while not getting personal, i think you are talentless, i think your bass playing is terrible, you have no rythmn or groove. others may think you are a genius. as said before by many, my opinion means shit, so i shouldnt need to tell you to get over it

anyway im off to bed, i think ill have some pancakes for breakfast, strawberry jam on them too, although we may have ran out :(

if you want to have any further discussion, please pm me, it means your childish reactions dont embarrass you any further

Guest Les Stroszek

if you like i will' date=' but please promise i dont get a girly reaction (on the boards of course, right as rain to face) like i did from RICHEY J (frontman of stroszxzkeck)

while not getting personal, i think you are talentless, i think your bass playing is terrible, you have no rythmn or groove. others may think you are a genius. as said before by many, my opinion means shit, so i shouldnt need to tell you to get over it

[/quote']

Well the bass parts are deliberately structured to fill the sound as there is just the two of us plus the drum machine. How you can go on here and give an opinion like that after seeing us once I don't know. If you love the 'scene' so much then why are you so negative to anything that isn't the unlistenable self-indulgent shite that you put on?

you have never met me or spoken to me' date=' when you get to know me perhaps you can make these personal accusations *ahem*moderator

why question the aberdeen music scene?? this is a scene that you stroxzek girls seem to refuse exists, is it because you prefer to sit on your twatspace.com or aberdeen-music.com rather than go to actual gigs??[/quote']

Personal accusations? I'm on about your general attitdue on here, although from what I've heard you're not very different in real life.

thats cool' date=' that prob means that nobody listens to anything i said about 8 months ago :), why dig it up now??[/quote']
oops

i meant to click for identity but seemed to have misplaced my vote

if you like i will' date=' but please promise i dont get a girly reaction (on the boards of course, right as rain to face) like i did from RICHEY J (frontman of stroszxzkeck)

while not getting personal, i think you are talentless, i think your bass playing is terrible, you have no rythmn or groove. others may think you are a genius. as said before by many, my opinion means shit, so i shouldnt need to tell you to get over it[/quote']

Right, now that's fair enough (although several music teachers might disagree with you, but at the same time I can't imagine anyone calling me a genius). But how exactly was "he plays his bass like a guitar" meant to be a criticism? I'm actually interested to know what that's supposed to mean. I mean, I slag off bassists who hold their bass right up to their armpits because it looks ridiculous, so I can hardly complain when you actually explain what you mean.

if you want to have any further discussion' date=' please pm me, it means your childish reactions dont embarrass you any further[/quote']

Unfortunately I stopped caring about looking foolish when I was about 5, so I quite like airing my dirty laundry in public, thank you very much (calling us "girls" is, of course, extremely unchildish).

I have to admit that I dont hate the guy. It was very unfair of me to say so as I believe the mentally retarded should somehow be incorporated into society in some way, and those with severe personality defects should also be encouraged to take part in meaningful conversations (whilst keeping them away from computers, decks and gigs, obviously).

please promise i dont get a girly reaction (on the boards of course, right as rain to face) like i did from RICHEY J

Anyway,

Im quite happy to have another 'conversation' with you about things. And yes, I have been 'right as rain' to your face. Because, for most of our last conversation I stood and laughed while you spoke a load of drunken bollocks to me :laughing: ! Then, I happily accepted your apology the next day.

I am not going to go into any detail of trying to justify why you or anyone else should like us. i cant be bothered wasting my time trying to do that, especially with some people. I like being the marmite band of Aberdeen!

Looking at some of the bands you hold in high regard i would be slightly worried if you did like us because I dont want to get lumped together with most of that rubbish. We are all entitled to our opinions, as are you.

Now, lets end this thread and talk about something that matters.

:kiss:

I have to admit that I dont hate the guy. It was very unfair of me to say so as I believe the mentally retarded should somehow be incorporated into society in some way' date=' and those with severe personality defects should also be encouraged to take part in meaningful conversations (whilst keeping them away from computers, decks and gigs, obviously).

[/quote']

comedian and singer

multi talented

return to topic, go copy ha ho/the welles, both very worthy winners

If you love the 'scene' so much then why are you so negative to anything that isn't the unlistenable self-indulgent shite that you put on?

hahahahaha

the people who come to our shows are moved, and myself and sharon are moved, thats more than enough for me.there is a whole lot fo variety in the stuff we put on, and a lot of it is international stuff. you may not have heard it and i wouldnt expect you to like it dude, but how can you say its self indulgent shite if you have never checked it out (maybe you have??)

im so negative all of the time, im never encouraging and i never help bands sort out contacts/shows out of town/gig swaps/advice. i wouldnt dream of doing that

anyways lets agree to disagree, ill go back to my self indulgent shite and playing in duff bands and you can go back to playing in strozseck

token xxx

Guest Les Stroszek
hahahahaha

the people who come to our shows are moved' date=' and myself and sharon are moved,

token xxx[/quote']

Well fine thats why we do gigs - for the same reason you know. Other people can be moved by gigs too you know not just your crowd. You seem to have some kind of complex where you believe that only the bands you like are good and your opinion is always right. I would never have commented on your Arkade Projects if you had not been badmouthing us and doing damage to our reputation when you really know nothing about about us and have only seen us once. Fine if you help bands then stick to do doing that and don't go about trying to cause damage to those you don't like. If there was a band you loved that I thought we're rubbish (have no melody, can't play guitar, just make some boring tuneless racket cos I've seen one of the bands you like a few times and I think my opinion of them is similiar to your opinion of us) then I would not be in the business of going around slagging them off.

Also if you are going to accuse us of being childish then don't go screaming for the Moderator to intervene as soon as someone replies to what you have said. I thought that as part of the makeover of this site there was going to be a crackdown on unconstructive criticism of other bands on this site. Its true that anyone looking in on this would be put off by arguments of this nature. You had no right to comment about Doug when you've only seen us once (a very poor performance I might add not helped by technical problems). What good is it to go to someone and call them utterly talentless? In my opinion hes a unique bass player who has helped our sound. You've got a right to enjoy what you do and thats fine but don't ram it down peoples throats. 'Why do I not go to your gigs and support the scene?' you ask. Well for a start you guys are just a part of the scene not 'the scene' like you seem to think and I believe if it is not of any interest to me then I should not go. If you put on a gig I was interested in I would go and I have been to your gigs in the past.

one question, does it really matter what maxi says about your band?

I mean yes we have these wonderful few pages of shite to read through because of it but really. If you dont care then dont keep posting back about it please, let him say what he wants afterall we all know how good the gofons were.............hehe sorry maxi couldnt help it.

so in other words, lets all sit down (or stand if your sitting) take a deap breath and think happy thoughts, like the sound of a marshall cab falling on gregor or seeing a lighting rig fall down and take out bryn. :)

Guest Les Stroszek

The really sad thing about this is that when I see Maxi next time I'll probaly be all nice and say 'how u doin' cos im a nice guy really:). Im really not bitter or angry at him I just wanted to make my point and feel I've done that now!