aberdeen-music

Smoking Ban for Under 18's

Val

I managed to procure myself an Independant yesterday, with this as the front-page headline. It appears that in a bid to 'cover-up' the half-hearted smoking in public places 'ban', the government want to raise the legal age to buy cigarettes to 18. Opinions on this one?

The Independant quoted a ridiculous figure something like, it is thought around a quarter of 16-18 year-olds smoke. In any case, cigarettes are hardly going to become completely unavailable. The only people who will benefit from this mesure are older school kids who can sell fags to younger ones, and make a tidy profit, Grange Hill style.

I managed to procure myself an Independant yesterday' date=' with this as the front-page headline. It appears that in a bid to 'cover-up' the half-hearted smoking in public places 'ban', the government want to raise the legal age to buy cigarettes to 18. Opinions on this one?[/quote']

they should make it illegal, or leave it be. Fucking daft, all this 'smoking is wrong' bollocks. If it's wrong, ban it.

I don't smoke tho

love from christy

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I managed to procure myself an Independant yesterday' date=' with this as the front-page headline. It appears that in a bid to 'cover-up' the half-hearted smoking in public places 'ban', the government want to raise the legal age to buy cigarettes to 18. Opinions on this one?[/quote']

Pretty half-arsed and stupid idea. Won't do a damn thing, other than make smoking more appealing, which kinda shoots itself in the foot.

Pretty half-arsed and stupid idea. Won't do a damn thing' date=' other than make smoking more appealing, which kinda shoots itself in the foot.[/quote']

exactly,

I think 10 year olds should be forced into a 2 day drinking, snorting, injecting and smoking binge (think of the outcry), but I am sure we'd have a generation of straigh edgers...

ho ho

...and, thinking about it...

it'd kill the weaklings, and we'd have a fine race of straight edge, olympic winning athletes, as, that's the only reason to live on this earth..eh...isn't it ?....

exactly' date='

I think 10 year olds should be forced into a 2 day drinking, snorting, injecting and smoking binge (think of the outcry), but I am sure we'd have a generation of straigh edgers...

ho ho

...and, thinking about it...

it'd kill the weaklings, and we'd have a fine race of straight edge, olympic winning athletes, as, that's the only reason to live on this earth..eh...isn't it ?....[/quote']

Exactly, we should also have a resident in-school heroin addict, to display the shocking effects of drugs. Remember, there's no drugs without u, it'd just be drgs, and who'd want to take that?