aberdeen-music

The Strokes - First Impressions Of Earth

Marc

not sure about Juicebox, nice bassline and guitar but the vocals are pretty rank

heard some stuff of the nu album on the radio and it sounded pretty good, but maybe I was trying too hard to like it, hoping for a return to form ala the debut album

its gonna be one of those albums ill need to hear before buying it

not sure about Juicebox' date=' nice bassline and guitar but the vocals are pretty rank

heard some stuff of the nu album on the radio and it sounded pretty good, but maybe I was trying too hard to like it, hoping for a return to form ala the debut album

its gonna be one of those albums ill need to hear before buying it[/quote']

Wha?!!? The vocals make the song. I much prefer Casablancas when he's shouty like Reptilia, rather than drawling like Someday. I would't buy the album though.

It will be as great as their other 2 albums. Juicebox is a quality tune. Reminds me of Dead Kennedys for some reason.

That's who it was! I couldn't put my finger on who it reminded me of

I'd never taken much notice of The Strokes, but while surfing my meagre Freeview channels, I came across one that's been showing a gig of theirs over and over for a few days. I've watched it about half-a-dozen times, and I'm gonna go watch it again, it's that good, "Take it or leave it" in particular

yeah its a pretty good gig, i forgot how fucking ace the strokes are, been listening to them constantly 2day, def will be at their gig in edinburgh, dont have a ticket but i will get. Thats now their third album and after only a few listens, its sounding like its gonna be another great one. I really like room on fire, not as much as is this it but i put is this it down as one of the best albums of the 21st century so far.

^ that will be bbc interactive' date=' on BBC1 or 2 if you press the red button you can watch their gig at the ULU[/quote']

Aye, that's it. Marvellous...tho Julian does commit the cardinal sin of a frontman: wearing shades. Ok for anyone else in the band, but not the singer, he should have an intimicacy with the audience

I remember reading that Room on Fire was meant to be reggae-inflected. In this gig, they play a song called Razorblade, which is on the new album, and it is totally reggae, and it totally works