aberdeen-music

Lost Season 2 *contains spoilers*

Smooth_groover

The "coincidence" is nothing to do with how Hurley knows the numbers' date=' but that Hurley, who won the lottery with those numbers, was plagued by what he took to be a curse of those numbers, would then board a plane that crash lands on an island in the middle of no where that happens to have a compound dedicated to simply churning out those numbers.

[/quote']

Yeah, but I was meaning that if lenny got those numbers from the island in the first place as opposed to another source, then any 'badness' surrounding those numbers comes from the island alone.

If, however, lenny got the numbers from another source (eg the ghost of Jimi Hendrix came to him in a dream and told him) then obviously the significance and coincidence of the numbers would be far greater than if they were solely from the island.

Either way of course, the fact that Hurely won the lottery with numbers AND crashed on the island is indeed a massive 'coincidence'...

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they really...really better not

the experiment is called the hanso experiment and if you read further back on this thread you will find a direct link to the hanso projects website altho for some reason the main experiment sections are now closed for public viewing...But in the nutshell he believes that before man can fully evolve to our next stage there MUST be a mass cleansing of human beings.....

I thought at the very beining that this all had something major to do with locke as we still havent been told how he lost the use of his legs and i kinda thought it was related to his kidney transplant (which we found out later) it wasnt..and i kinda thought he was the one in limbo and this was all some kinda fucked up dream or the like...I DO NOT THINK THIS NOW.......

Surely if they went to all that trouble to manipulate the lives of each indivdual

The flash backs are happening for a reason and d like to know what but heres some manipulation for you to think about

The teddy that you see one of the others carrying appears in nion every single persons flash backs in one frame or another....

Everyone's flash backs have had the same people in them but in different roles ie the lady who sold hurley the winning ticket dated/shagged sawyer

The guy who bullied/Slated locke at work turned up in the hospital jack worked in....and therss many many more......... again obviously with us only being on season 2 outs 5 seasons there must be a heap of info we still dont know (i work that out all myself)

The experiment was a sociology zoology and pyscology experiment so a polar bear being there aint that far fetched.....

Haha' date=' famously, of course. Those lost fansites come in handy then?[/quote']

I knew about it before Lost.

Although had no idea who he was I did know he was very famous before disappearing.

Get with it.8)

The Hanso sites are down now because someone hacked into them. They are all bollocks anyway and are just to advertise lost.

The guy that bullied Locke was his boss. He got the job at Locke's place because Hurley was the owner and Hurley felt bad for blowing up his restaurant(yes Loce's boss was Hurley's old boss) I reckon he was in hospital due to the explosion.

The flashbacks are either to develop the character(Locke's/Charlie's famous flashback) or to coincide with the story that is occuring on the episode(Sawyer's/Jack's flashback for example) to give reason explanation to his behaviour(e.g. Sawyer's "long con" to show he would do ANYTHING to con).

Guest five years

it quite blatantly isn't the same guy with the beards in all 3 photos there by the way, if that's what you're trying to show...

the middle one is m.c. gainey (also in con air) 88m.jpg

whereas the other two are just guys/a guy with beards/a beard.

The theory of Lenny being stationed on the island...

Erm... didn't he pick up the numbers in a radio signal in the middle of the Pacific? There was a flashback with his wife or friend's wife telling Hurley about it (she lived in Oz which is why Hurley had gone to Oz in the first place)...

EDIT:

Aye, he and his friend were stationed somewhere where they listened for transmissions, from the transcript of "Numbers":

MARTHA TOOMEY: Sam and Leonard were stationed at a listening post monitoring long wave transmissions over the pacific. Boring job. Sam hated it. Nothing to do but listen to static night after night -- till one night, back sixteen

years ago, there's something in the static. A voice cuts through -- a voice repeating those number over and over again.

(Mesmerized, Hurley nearly drops his tea cup. He catches himself and the tea cup clinks against the saucer.)

MARTHA TOOMEY: Couple of days later, we're at the fair in Kalgoorlie, and some Wally there's got this jar. Must have been big as a pony, and it's filled to the rim with beans. Filly's offering fifty grand to anyone able to guess how many beans are in that jar within ten.

HURLEY: Sam used the numbers.

MARTHA TOOMEY: Yep. The answer was exact to the bean. Man had been running the same scam for forty years. Nobody'd ever come close. (She shrugs.) So we won the money. On the way home, a pickup truck blows a tire on the highway, hits us head-on. Lost my leg that night.

touche rachel

I'd kinda forgotten a few of those details over time...

Heh' date=' I really liked the numbers storyline, especially with Hurley's flashbacks - frankly I like anything remotely "spooky", so that episode pretty much stuck in my head.

I can't help it! :p

I did like Sawyer's cheesy line:

"There's a new sheriff in town, y'all best get used to it!" sooooo southern states... I love it.[/color']

The Next episode (14) looks like it's going to be ace:

http://www.lostlinks.net/

I didn't think ep13 was all that great to be honest. Although Josh Holloway (Sawyer) is a bloody good actor!

So what do you all reckon will happen when the countdown finally runs out?

I know about the countdown(didn't want to hear but it got spoiled for me or at least spoiled for next episode).

Pretty cool.

his turnaround on sayid was all a bit calculated. But if he was an other, then surely he could just tell them that and threaten them. The fact that he was found no where near the camp suggests that if he was an other he would be perfectly within his rights to wander about.

I think he is neither an other nor what he says he is.

I tried looking them up but they don't look like any of the hieroglyphics.

We have to wait 2 weeks till next episode but it looks like it's gonna lead to something big!

EDIT: I think you are right Jimr. I don't think he is an other but the glare on his face at the end, you can tell he must be lieing.

They are showing the pilots in america next week.

Which reminds me was shown a site and it looks as though black smoke brought Jack to the middle of the jungle in the pilot as you can see smoke reaching back up when he opens his eyes(I thought it could've been false so I watched the pilot again and there is something retreating in his eyes).