aberdeen-music

Lost Season 2 *contains spoilers*

Smooth_groover

Has anyone else noticed that polar bears keep popping up everywhere?

For instance they were on that magazine Hurley/walt had. Also they were on that nappy advert that drive shaft did. And I'm sure I saw them at least somewhere else as well...

EDIT: and like alex says - on the dharma initiation video.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest five years

yeah i'd noticed the constant polar bear thing. there was also mention of it on the dharma initiative video locke and michael watched, something about genetic research on that station...

What were the two particular revelations you were talking about in e.13 alex?

The fact that Charlie and Sawyer are teaming up as bad guys (although charlie's stills not on smack) I'm assuming is one of them. And the other?

And just to get this straight... sawyer ended up fucking over his missus to keep the 600k for himself yeah?

Guest five years
And just to get this straight... sawyer ended up fucking over his missus to keep the 600k for himself yeah?

yeah, that's what i understood, some bollocks about paying the guy gordy back, but sawyer's in it for himself.

the revalations i was on about was that it showed sawyer NEEDING the girls to fall for him etc, otherwise he's totally fucked

and

sun being partially taken by the others...like what happened to ana-lucia and her mates in that episode you get the whole story about them...ana-lucia mentioned 'you're not scared enough yet' because no-one's been taken etc...

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Argh! You've all seen episode 13, and I haven't. What rubbish! Why can't I download it? Everything I get is season one episode thirteen. Argh! It's so irritating. As for episode twelve, I hate what Charlie becomes. With his hood up, and his stupid persistance. Boo!

Adam.

sun being partially taken by the others...like what happened to ana-lucia and her mates in that episode you get the whole story about them...ana-lucia mentioned 'you're not scared enough yet' because no-one's been taken etc...

yeah dude, it was charlie that took sun - not the others!

Sawyer got charlie to kidnap sun and track Locke so that he (sawyer) could get hold of all the guns and piss off Jack... and charlie would benefit by making locke look like a tool. Although charlie turned down the smack which was pretty good of him I guess.

I always thought sawyer had some good in him... but that episode kinda made him look like a pretty bad person. He has all the best lines though so he can be partially forgiven.

Heather had a pretty good theory regarding Lenny Sims (the mental guy who Hurley got the numbers from)

She thought that the crazy guy was stationed out on the island as one of the original researchers - and that just pushing a button all day made him go mental (and hence repeat 4 8 15 16 23 42 all day long).

I reckon that's an ace theory, and would tie up how those numbers made it back to Hurley in the first place. However, this would mean that the numbers lose pretty much all their 'curse' as there is no coincidence between Hurley having the numbers, and the numbers appearing mysteriously on the island (because he indirectly got them from the island)

Yeh but still a big coincidence that the numbers brought Hurley to the island. It is a really good theory although I reckon the numbers are jut there for the hidden egg factor to keep people more interested.

If you go to www.lostlinks.net there are lots of cool extra stuff on there like translations to certain scenes between Jin and Sun, a .pdf file of Walt's comic and a video of "Lost:The Musical" a pisstake on I think the Jimmy Kimmel show.

EDIT: Did anyone pick up the reference to Glenn Miller?

Heather had a pretty good theory regarding Lenny Sims (the mental guy who Hurley got the numbers from)

She thought that the crazy guy was stationed out on the island as one of the original researchers - and that just pushing a button all day made him go mental (and hence repeat 4 8 15 16 23 42 all day long).

I reckon that's an ace theory' date=' and would tie up how those numbers made it back to Hurley in the first place. However, this would mean that the numbers lose pretty much all their 'curse' as there is no coincidence between Hurley having the numbers, and the numbers appearing mysteriously on the island (because he indirectly got them from the island)[/quote']

The "coincidence" is nothing to do with how Hurley knows the numbers, but that Hurley, who won the lottery with those numbers, was plagued by what he took to be a curse of those numbers, would then board a plane that crash lands on an island in the middle of no where that happens to have a compound dedicated to simply churning out those numbers.

Coincidence appears far too regularly in Lost which would seem to suggest that the conclusion is either supernatural or religious. If they attempt to make this a socialogical experiment I would be very interested in just how they managed to crash land a plane full of people that are all indirectly connected. Surely if they went to all that trouble to manipulate the lives of each indivdual so that they would be on that plane at that time then they wouldn't really want to risk killing them all by crashing them on an island.

Seeing as this is American, i'm putting money on some sort of dream sequence/coma/limbo thing.