aberdeen-music

MySpace Suicide?

Sam 45

Unfortunately, this kind of thing happens more often than you would think.

I recall an incident some years ago (long, long before the likes of myspace) where some kid was chatting in some IRC chat channel and people watched him on his webcam as he tried to consume as many random medications as he could find around his house. People were encouraging him to do so in the chat rooms probably not quite realising he would be dead only a couple of hours later - all captured on webcam. Gruesome stuff.

Unfortunately' date=' this kind of thing happens more often than you would think.

I recall an incident some years ago (long, long before the likes of myspace) where some kid was chatting in some IRC chat channel and people watched him on his webcam as he tried to consume as many random medications as he could find around his house. People were encouraging him to do so in the chat rooms probably not quite realising he would be dead only a couple of hours later - all captured on webcam. Gruesome stuff.[/quote']

Yeah i remember hearing about that. Think it was on TV.

Unfortunately' date=' this kind of thing happens more often than you would think.

I recall an incident some years ago (long, long before the likes of myspace) where some kid was chatting in some IRC chat channel and people watched him on his webcam as he tried to consume as many random medications as he could find around his house. People were encouraging him to do so in the chat rooms probably not quite realising he would be dead only a couple of hours later - all captured on webcam. Gruesome stuff.[/quote']

I'm sure there was TV program about that somewhere around 1 year - 18 months ago. Nae pretty.

I can't find the log, but the log is horrible to read, especially when his "friends" started panicking over what responsibility they had. Quite why anyone would encourage someone to get absolutely fucked on random medication is beyond me, but...:down:

it's very sad but just another case proving that suicide is the ultimate attention seeking act, in my opinion. Poor kid probably just wanted someone to talk to him properly about it, but if he was only telling online friends then it was unlikely he was going to get the face to face contact he needed.

Not sure how relevent this is, but a few weeks ago I got an invitation to join a group from some random. Now, I never use myspace, I think I've posted events on it a few times but that's about it.

Checked out the link anyway and this guy was strange. He had an eccentric collection of pictures with a few of them close up shots of corpses. Thought it was beyond bizarre and so deleted the email from my Outlook. Just went into my Gmail account after reading this to see if I could find the email again. I did and the link now comes up as "Invalid Group ID".

Puzzled and also slightly spooked! Anyone else get this?

Yeah his name was rppr, I know someone who was in the channel at the time. There was another case involving a kid who was on IRC taking shrooms, and all the people there were egging him on to do crazy shit, he then stabbed himself and ran down the street smashing stuff up, until the cops arrived and shot him dead. The video from inside the cop car was on the net.

Yeah his name was rppr' date=' I know someone who was in the channel at the time. There was another case involving a kid who was on IRC taking shrooms, and all the people there were egging him on to do crazy shit, he then stabbed himself and ran down the street smashing stuff up, until the cops arrived and shot him dead. The video from inside the cop car was on the net.[/quote']

WoW!!

What a shame for this poor guy on myspace though I really feel sorry for him and his immediate family.

There was another case involving a kid who was on IRC taking shrooms' date=' and all the people there were egging him on to do crazy shit, he then stabbed himself and ran down the street smashing stuff up, until the cops arrived and shot him dead. The video from inside the cop car was on the net.[/quote']

I can barely focus on the screen when I'm tripping. Are you sure that's all true, because I've never known anyone to do anything really stupid when they're tripping?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
it's very sad but just another case proving that suicide is the ultimate attention seeking act' date=' in my opinion.[/quote']

Not always, believe me. My best friend hanged himself and nobody had a fucking earthly that he was in any way unhappy.

You raise a good point, though, about attention-seeking. If people keep getting a reaction from their behaviour, they'll only up the ante. Don't feed into it.

Not always' date=' believe me. My best friend hanged himself and nobody had a fucking earthly that he was in any way unhappy.

You raise a good point, though, about attention-seeking. If people keep getting a reaction from their behaviour, they'll only up the ante. Don't feed into it.[/quote']

I think some people just decide that life just aint for them.

Guest pop-notmyface
At least he went out when he wanted to.

true, but i think that when you're 17, you still have plenty of things left to do in life, no matter how depressed one is. you only get one shot at this.