aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Jin_Ling

Wireless Problems

Ever since my dad attempted to install a wireless modem for my Laptop, the house computer has been ridden with viruses. Usually it crashes as soon as I click on anything. Tried anti-virus software, but they keep coming back! Damn ethernet!! Any suggestions??!!

Yeah' date=' everyone in my house is bugging my dad to buy a new pc, but he's not giving in........yet!![/quote']

try running all your anti virus stuff in safe mode.

Then after you have done that go to www.trendmicro.com and run the scan there, that SHOULD hopefuly get rid of your problems.

Make sure you have Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE and AVG installed on your pc so that you can try and avoid future problems.

try running all your anti virus stuff in safe mode.

Then after you have done that go to www.trendmicro.com and run the scan there' date=' that SHOULD hopefuly get rid of your problems.

Make sure you have Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE and AVG installed on your pc so that you can try and avoid future problems.[/quote']

Thanks, i'll try that. But this pc's so screwed up, most of the time I cant even get as far as my homepage when tring to access the internet. Because of the virus, we can't run or instal anything to get rid of the virus, ironic or what!

if you think you actually have a virus

Definately have a virus, having a little difficulty reading the screen as the words are blurry and run into eachother (and in case your thinking, I dont need glasses!). It ramdomly crashes when I try to open some of my files. Also the deaktop is blurry, and just looks really dodgey!

Guest MerryChristmas

Heres a little tip.

If you have Xp Pro, 2003 or windows 2000

1. turn off simple file sharing

2. Find the spyweare file which you or the anti-program your using cannot delete

3. right click it and click properties, remove all permissions from the file

4. restart

5. find said file

6. right click and properties and add yourself as the owner

7. delete the file

or.... if youre clever enough use a hex editor to find all the files it accesses which arent windows components and repeat above steps on file

Definately have a virus' date=' having a little difficulty reading the screen as the words are blurry and run into eachother (and in case your thinking, I dont need glasses!). It ramdomly crashes when I try to open some of my files. Also the deaktop is blurry, and just looks really dodgey![/quote']

Your monitor could be broken try another one if you can. If this is not the problem try another graphics card