aberdeen-music

We're back in action!

Neil

Welcome back everybody! As you can see the major upgrade of the web site was completely successful and we are now back open for business. It would take me an age to describe all the changes that have been made to the web site and so rather than bore you with the details I will allow you all to just search about and find out for yourself!

As always, there is bound to be a few problems here and there. If you run into any problems then please first refresh the page. Practically every graphic, page, module and template has changed in some way and to it's important your web browser loads all this new stuff up and not cached data from the last version of the web site. If you still have problems then please post your report of the problem into the Technical Problems forum and I'll then check it out.

There is one or two minor sections of the web site that still need to be completed and a few graphics that still need to be updated but I'm working on these at the moment. Most of the web site should be absolutely fine.

Another new era for aberdeen-music has now begun. Have fun everyone and thanks once again for your patience. :)

I liked when we were able to customise the colour of Aberdeen Music. I liked it being Orange and Yellow.

This looks pretty swish and lot lot less cluttered somehow....

well done.

go on neil' date=' make it a 20 character rule ;)

(and get rid of the postcounts too :|)[/quote']

I noticed the post counters were back aswell.

Are they back for a trial period only, or are they back for good?

Maybe there'll be less spam this time around, what with the minimum character rule and so on. Well, we can only hope, eh?

Okay, in response to some of your questions:

- No, there won't be any other skins added to the web site to choose from. This one skin has been customised so much that it would prove to be an incredible amount of work to have to duplicate these same customisations for every additional skin. Not to mention having to redo all the graphics to suit a darker background. Since v4 of the web site aberdeen-music will only ever have one skin I'm afraid.

- The post counts will remain for now. If it proves to be an issue then I'll remove them in due course.

- Good point about the post icons. I'll create some new ones that will indicate which threads you have posted within - thanks for pointing that out.

- why is it that sometimes an avatar is present and then other times they are not???

That shouldn't be happening. Care to give me an example of this problem?

- what happened to the

Location - in a house

Bands - element 106 etc

Talents - "guiatar"

layout. they were always a great source of entertainment

There are all still there and can be viewed on the user's profile page. The reason I took them out of the post template was because of formatting issues. For example, if you put in too many bands or a long location then this would sometimes screw up the display of the post. And I like things to be just perfect so it got removed. :)