aberdeen-music

Got me phat studio set up!

Alex

All right, that's a bit of a joke, but I just got cubase up and running, so I'm quite happy with the setup.

2.8 athlon clocked at 3.4, 240gb raid 0 with a redundant 80 gig for media and swapfiles, 9800se aiw gfx softmodded to 9800pro specs, lian-li small case, MSI nforce ultra board, just got the tv out hooked up to the TV tuner, the remote controls the mouse, winamp, dvds, tv etc.

Delta 66 Omni (my baby), Midiman 2*2, NT1, BD421, behringer B1 and a seinhauser e845, behringer mixer, ns10 monitors, EX7 as a master keyboard (and some sampling). Cubase Sx2 with lots of plugins, ableton live, some free tracking software and soundforge, recycle and that. Some newmark decks and scratch mixer hooked up to the delta's aux ins.

Lying about, les paul std, modded schecter, luce's 6000 double bass, classical guitar, acoustic, yamaha RBX bass, clarinet, 4-track, few pedals and an RP7 unit and a marshall JCM900 and peavey tranny amp. And Norm's bringing his V-drum kit (and nitefly? please???) up over the weekend to bugger about.

good move with the striping, it can make a big difference, especially if trying to dodge dropouts etc. i recently did software raid-0, albeit with smaller partitions of 2 120gb disks. are you using a hardware raid card?

is the omni the one with 8 ins and 8 outs? i was thinking of buying a delta 44, it's time to upgrade.

the audio consists of the delta 66 card, which has 4 balanced ins, 4 outs at 24/96 plus spdif in/out and the omni breakout box, which emulates a split mixer design, and has aux ins, fx sends, line ins, two nice mic/instrument preamps and direct out and monitor outs. Got it really cheap off the sospubs (.co.uk) readers ads.

Using hardware sata raid with the promise chipset on the nforce 2 ultra, but it's really just for wank value. One drive'll go in the server when I get that mobo off neil.

Originally posted by Danny Doubt:

i think the cubase SX is pish...i prefer gold ol' cubase 5.1 mixin and wavelab for mastering shit.

Yeh ur setup sounds quite impressive hope u've got insurance!

You are very silly to think that Cubase 5.1 is better than SX 2. Just try SX 2 for a couple of days and reap the benefits. THe VSTi freeze function can be invaluble plus the countless other new bells and whitles. The new metering i awesome and the new transport bar rocks. I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

I feel sorry for you

:dunce:

Guest Neubeatz
Digital Village are selling Off Ableton Live 3 very cheap at the moment. Check out www.digitalvillage.co.uk

Thanks Badge, I made a connection after my post, tracked down the information for the current 3.0.2

Cool,

What about that Cubase SX that was on your site, has that gone now?

SX2 is fab for collaboration with others, as each track can now have seperate notes stored about what has been done. Jsut like the design notes system in Dreamweaver (except you can't check in and out stuff on the web :( ). I plan on utilising this great new feature soon with my partner in Audio crime(s)!!

My studio set up -

Athlon XP2400 +

Various guitars - Gibson, Fender, PRS, Yamaha, Ibanez

Various effects - Boss, DOD, EHX, VOX

Amplification - Marshall, Vox

and here is where the simplicty really kicks in...

1 Microphone

2 Cables - Line out to PC from amp, Mic to PC

Cakewalk Guitar Tracks, works just like a multi-track...so simple so very very effective.