aberdeen-music

Sick

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

From BBC website

This sort of barbarity really turns my stomach. I hope the little cowards get what is coming to them.

Youths strap hamster to firework

Police have condemned youths in Glasgow who killed a hamster by tying it to a firework and setting it off.

Officers believe the incident happened in the Possilpark area of the city recently and it was recorded on a video phone.

A spokeswoman for Strathclyde Police said it had launched a search for those responsible for the "horrific" attack.

The Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said such crimes must be taken seriously.

The police spokeswoman said: "We are aware of this horrific crime and inquiries are ongoing to determine the person and persons responsible."

The SSPCA said: "We received some information regarding this incident and we are working closely with Strathclyde Police.

"Any children carrying out an act like this need to be caught because it is not normal behaviour. It needs to be addressed and addressed quickly.

"It is important that people take animal cruelty seriously - it is often a warning of something much worse."

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/scotland/4491476.stm

Published: 2005/12/02 10:44:42 GMT

BBC MMV

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuff like that is always pretty disturbing, but I find the most unsettling part the way that incidents like this are always filmed on phones these days.. I was reading an article the other day about some girl that was attacked on the way home by older people at her school, filmed pleading for mercy and then the video was circulated around the school. It's horrible ?( I bet those kids were gleefully showing off the hamster clip too. And how about all the phone clips of that guy being beheaded in the Middle East? It's just sick.

Cameras are one of my new hates, you can't go anywhere these days without someone flashing a camera / camera phone about. Ever time something funny happens everyone whips out the camera phones; every gig people go to folk are recording it on their phones; you can't even dance in some clubs without sceenies running about talking myspace photos. Unfortunately it's one of those things that our genereation will no doubt be stuck with for years to come. Just like those pathetic wristbands and jet-black emo haircuts.

They've also opened the window to film bad stuff like this; although i'm with Neil Ex, everyone's killed a small animal at one point, i was just lacking such creativity.

They've also opened the window to film bad stuff like this; although i'm with Neil Ex' date=' everyone's killed a small animal at one point, i was just lacking such creativity.[/quote']

...I've never killed a small animal. I think it's sick to kill a living thing for your own pleasure, even small children know that killing is wrong.

...I've never killed a small animal. I think it's sick to kill a living thing for your own pleasure' date=' even small children know that killing is wrong.[/quote']

Not even a fly or spider (etc)???

I was only joking. Nice use of emoticons though. :up:

I killed my first hamster. By accident of course. I let it out it's cage to run around and it went under the bed, so i tried to move the bed to get to it, but crushed it with one of the bed wheels. My brother put it back in the cage saying it was just sleeping. I was only 7 or 8, but my three elder sister's screams of "murderer" will stay with me forever.

Not even a fly or spider (etc)???

Flies and Spiders aren't animals, but I don't kill them anyway, I get too scared and make someone else kill/dispose of them for me, not for pleasure but to get rid of them, ie, if there's a spider in my flat I can't go to sleep through fear of it touching me.

Flies and Spiders aren't animals' date=' but I don't kill them anyway, I get too scared and make someone else kill/dispose of them for me, not for pleasure but to get rid of them, ie, if there's a spider in my flat I can't go to sleep through fear of it touching me.[/quote']

You're like a murderous dictator getting others to do your dirty work then?

You're like a murderous dictator getting others to do your dirty work then?

Well, no. If I ask someone to get rid of a spider, they could put it out the window, but if they chose to kill it that's nothing to do with me.

Come on we've all killed a small animal in a barbaric way before..

Did you read that in the Sun? It was on the front page today..

Depends what you class as a small animal.. a spider? A rodent? A Kitten?

Did you know... animal cruelty in childhood or adolescence is a sign of sociopathic tendencies?

Plus it's just sickening' date=' it's not like a hamster has much defence other than biting...

Hamster + Teeth vs. Humans + Firework?

Aye, think it's obvious who wins that one.[/color']