aberdeen-music

Ian Brown - Aberdeen P&J Arena - Saturday 11th Feb 2006

hes never been able to sing in tune' date=' hasnt stopped the roses and his solo tours selling very big places in the past, he knows how to entertain[/quote']

i was told he asked if there was any coldplay fans at his concert somewhere

2 people cheered yeah

and ian had the bouncers kick them out

fucking hate the stone roses and his solo shite but i gotta admit, as cunty as that is kicking two paying fans out its hella funny

innit

Yeah, I reckon he'll fill it nae bother. There's tonnes of Roses/Brown fans in Aberdeen alone, and if you think of the amount of folk in the region as well as up North who would come down to the gig, I think it's inevitable that it'll be a sell-out. And I also think a lot of folk who were either into the Roses back in the day, as well as folk who have now moved on to going to see house DJs etc as their idea of a night out (I know several) will make a point of going to this gig.

I'm going to the MEN Arena gig tomorrow, can't wait. And also, the fact that the AECC gig is on a Saturday night, will also bring the punters in. Promises to be a richt good boonce!

Got my tickets yesterday. Looking forward to spending an evening with all the neds of Aberdeen... X-(

One of my lasting memories of this year will be getting caught in a stampede of sun hat wearing Ian Brown fans running to the front of the King Tuts tent at TITP as i tried to escape post-Interpol. I also had never seen such a huge police presence for one performance before. They seemed to converge on the tent in their hundreds.

Guest bluesxman
One of my lasting memories of this year will be getting caught in a stampede of sun hat wearing Ian Brown fans running to the front of the King Tuts tent at TITP as i tried to escape post-Interpol. I also had never seen such a huge police presence for one performance before. They seemed to converge on the tent in their hundreds.

Yeah it was pretty grim, we just stayed in the tent after Interpol. Left after a few songs anyway because the sound was shite. Hopefully this gig will be up to the standards of his gig at the Music Hall a few years back, that was excellent.

Yeah it was pretty grim' date=' we just stayed in the tent after Interpol. Left after a few songs anyway because the sound was shite. Hopefully this gig will be up to the standards of his gig at the Music Hall a few years back, that was excellent.[/quote']

It was pretty mental in the tent at TITP. Luckily, I was on Ian's guest list & got a prime view from the sound desk!

Quite an eventful gig, despite the sound.

The Music Hall gig was great but not a patch on the Glasgow Academy gigs last year.

PMP & Club revolution present

Hacienda revival***live at lo down (ex vaults with new owners)

Friday 9th december

Peter hook dj set (New Order, Joy devision)

Jon Dasilva DJ set (Hacienda resident DJ)

P Mac Acoustic set ( ex Fools gold)

10pm - 3 am

Tickets 14 available from ONE UP RECORDS, 17 Belmont street Aberedeen.

tel 642662

booking fee may apply

FIRST 50 GET IN FOR 10