aberdeen-music

Fake Converse in the 'Deen?

A.Pel

Guest five years
In 1908, Marquis M. Converse, in his late 30's and previously a respected manager at a footwear manufacturing firm, opened the Converse Rubber Shoe Company for business in Malden, Massachusetts and begins providing winterized rubber soled footwear for men, women, and children. By 1910 Converse Rubber Company was producing 4,000 pairs of shoes daily, but it wasn't until 1915 that the company began manufacturing athletic shoes for tennis. Basketball, less than 25 years old, was revolutionized in 1917 when Converse designed and produced the world's first performance basketball shoes, the Converse All Star.

"winterized" would suggest outdoor shoe with protection from the cold? no?

I liked wearing my converses in the summer becuase there aren't that many trainer-type shoes for girls to wear that I like. In the winter they kinda suck though cause my feet get soaking.

Are you looking for fake ones cause they're cheaper?

Last time I looked in Shuh in the Trinity centre they had heaps of different colours and patterns of converses and shoes that look a bit like converses....

i like them because they are not made of animals. i did hear the glue used was animal based but cant find any evidence of that.

i also like that the design is simple so it makes them easy to paint. :)

as for people wearing them because bands or whatever do. its exactly the same with any type of clothing. everyones actions are influenced from somewehere.

i like them because they are not made of animals. i did hear the glue used was animal based but cant find any evidence of that.

i also like that the design is simple so it makes them easy to paint. :)

as for people wearing them because bands or whatever do. its exactly the same with any type of clothing. everyones actions are influenced from somewehere.

yeah some glues are made from horses apparently...don't know if converse use that kinda glue...but no leather is definitely an upside.