aberdeen-music

Fake Converse in the 'Deen?

A.Pel

aaahhh, one up, come ooon maaan! 30 ???

I found my pair of fake converse in that charity shop on that sqare that is right where archibald simpson is. 3 ! and they were new! unworn.

//

stay cool........ stay in school

Guest five years

why would anyone want fake versions of rubbish shoes?

not only do the real thing cost upward of 30, they only last a few months before the stitching gives way or the sole splits or something...RIP-OFF-QUEST.

from a converse - or whatever multinational slave labour endorsing company owns them - point of view they must be LARFING. almost EVERY fan of a "major" music style will happily wear them i.e. nu-indie kids, art-rock kids, hardcore kids, pop kids that are into the arctic monkeys because nme says so.

jees..

not only do the real thing cost upward of 30' date=' they only last a few months before the stitching gives way or the sole splits or something...RIP-OFF-QUEST.

from a converse - or whatever multinational slave labour endorsing company owns them - point of view they must be LARFING. almost EVERY fan of a "major" music style will happily wear them i.e. nu-indie kids, art-rock kids, hardcore kids, pop kids that are into the arctic monkeys because nme says so.

jees..[/quote']

Agreed on that their are poorly made.

They are ripped to bits.

Disagreed on your generalisation of why people wear them.

I myself bought a pair a year ago not because of some stupid magazine told me to but because I think they look good to wear. People's perceptions aren't always driven by a trend setting magazine.

I doubt I am going to buy another pair again but if I do certainly won't be the original kind.

Guest five years
Agreed on that their are poorly made.

They are ripped to bits.

Disagreed on your generalisation of why people wear them.

I myself bought a pair a year ago not because of some stupid magazine told me to but because I think they look good to wear. People's perceptions aren't always driven by a trend setting magazine.

I doubt I am going to buy another pair again but if I do certainly won't be the original kind.

to be fair, i didn't make a generalisation about the people that wear them, i simply said that loads of people appear to wear them, and from a marketing point of view, they've done an amazing job.

to be fair' date=' i didn't make a generalisation about the people that wear them, i simply said that loads of people appear to wear them, and from a marketing point of view, they've done an amazing job.[/quote']

I see what you mean.

To be honest there has not really been a great deal of advertising done to get people to wear them. Mainly because their favourite "rockstar's" wear them which has spread now to groups of friends buying them and getting other friends to buy them.

Guest five years
I see what you mean.

To be honest there has not really been a great deal of advertising done to get people to wear them. Mainly because their favourite "rockstar's" wear them which has spread now to groups of friends buying them and getting other friends to buy them.

jesus..

yes i know, that's what i meant about the advertising, they've done very little - as you say, yet the world and their dog seems to own a pair.

anyway, back to the point. why would you want poorly made shoes, then prefer a FAKE pair - which by definition are EVEN more shoddy?!

Guest bluesxman

not only do the real thing cost upward of 30' date=' they only last a few months before the stitching gives way or the sole splits or something...RIP-OFF-QUEST.

jees..[/quote']

Balls. I've had several pairs over the years, because they were reasonably priced. 35 quid for a pair of trainers is hardly breaking the bank. I've never had a pair fall to bits yet. But then they aren't the only pair of footwear i've owned so not being worn day in day out.

35 quid for a pair of trainers is hardly breaking the bank.

It's true, and I like all stars, but there are far better footwear investments to be made if you look. my tip for the top is this - don't wait until you need news shoes before you buy them, get them while they're cheap and on sale. i currently have the following trainers in my cupboard, unworn and still boxed because i saw them cheap:

nike air force 1 (coolest trainers ever made!) 30 (down from 55)

another wisked pair of nikes which were 20 (down frmo 60)

DC's 35 (down from 75)

pair of really nice puma's 19 (i forget what they used to cost)

and i'm currently wearing a pair of gravis tarmac (the footwear company owned by burton snowboards) which cost 25 (reduced from 90).

25 is hardly worth fussing about when you know it's gonna save you paying a fortune when your shoes fall off your feet and there are n bargains to be had!

spoons

ghetto superstar

/x

Guest five years
They look cool' date=' and are quite comfy.[/quote']

except, as there's nothing to them, your feet get really cold, really quickly.

possibly designed in california, not intended for the harsh northern slushy rainy hell that is winter in aberdeen.

any shoes worn on a daily basis are going to crumble within 6 months (unless you wear army boots).

i beg to differ. i've been wearing the same pair of duffs for over two years and they're still going strong, albeit with the aid of a little gaffa tape where the lining has worn away. then again im too much of a cheapskate to buy shoes unless the ones i have cannot phsyically be worn any longer.