aberdeen-music

Rome

jimr

Anyone else finding this series oddly engrossing?

Now they may take a few liberties here and there, add in a character or two, an affair or three but wow i'm utterly addicted. I love how it invites you to take sides in the civil war, but most of all I love the fictional character of Titus Pullo.

It's pretty darn racy too.

what really annoys me is it's a different series to what the americans get. I watched the first episode of the American version having missed the UK one and then watched episode 2 on BBC and got very, very confused. It appears the BBC version is editiing it together so we get about one episode out of the 2 episodes that the yanks get. For example our 2nd episode had stuff from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd episode of the American series.

Anyone else finding this series oddly engrossing?

Now they may take a few liberties here and there' date=' add in a character or two, an affair or three but wow i'm utterly addicted. I love how it invites you to take sides in the civil war, but most of all I love the fictional character of Titus Pullo.

It's pretty darn racy too.[/quote']

yep...pretty much the best thing on telly at the moment...i think i'm right in saying most of the actors are european....which has to be a good thing....the relationship between pullo and the young bloke looks like it might get interesting.....

but yep good call jimr....

i've downloaded all the episodes so I assume I have watched the American ones.

By the by Chris, I have those mystery science theatre episodes for you, sorry i've taken so long but i'm both incredibly lazy and incredibly busy, not an ideal mix.

On another point, this series has some of the best lines i've seen in a while.

"MY MOTHERS COCK.."

"I'd rather suck Neptunes spikey cock"

"everyone likes a big cock"

genius

Is this the thing that depicts Roman life using cgi? I saw a screenshot of something a while back that had blood running through the cracks in the streets' date=' looked pretty seedy.[/quote']

not really, it's an epic drama series set in rome and telling the story of rome. it's centered on cgi though no doubt they use it. doesn't everything these days?