aberdeen-music

New Studio Opening

dFacto Productions

Hi,

Is anyone interested in recording cross genre electronic style music?

I am opening my studio for commercial use. It will be mainly for electronic artists, using a combination of hardware and software synths, Midi drum kits, samplers etc. I have facilities for recording drums and accoustic instruments as well.

Im based in Aberdeen, although the studio is outside of New Pitsligo, about 12 miles from Mintlaw.

Currently Im a lecturer in Audio Engineering at the Gallowgate college teaching HNC sound technology.

I also remix tracks - rock into electro etc. and create and produce music for vocalists and rappers. The studio has already been used for hiphop and commercial sounding pop tracks, and sequenced music to video and graphic animation.

The studio is 24 bit digital, running a G5 with cubase SX3 and top range Waves plugins, Meladyne, Max/MSP, Native instuments and various software synths.

Please - this is not another "Im a producer" thread.... and i would appreciate not getting abuse (like some others have recieved on this forum)

Its a commercial studio with pro equipment at at rate of 25 an hour, or a deal can be made for set periods of time. There is no website as yet, but one will be available soon, with demo tracks to preview.

Thanks, Tristan Page

dFacto Productions

Guest lime ruined my life

sheeeeeeeesh, thats pretty steep especially considering the location.

i guess it'd be good if you'd composed your own stuff previously and just dumped all the midi/wav files and sequences onto a cd. i'm not sure i could afford that at all though. Although i'd love to have a go.

Thanks.

Ive sold quite a bit of hardware recently. But i still have a Novation Supernova, Nordlead 2 keyboard, Roland XP-60 keyboard, Old Alesis S4, a D4 for the Midi triggers (d drum pads)

Oberheim M1000 and M6 Keyboard, Axon guitar to midi converter, Otherwise using some nice soft synths with midi controllers.

What about yourself?

Tristan.

Guest lime ruined my life
Im into projects and people with good ideas' date=' especially when it comes to creating electronic style music that can be performed live. If its something im into then would rather callaborate with them than charge, however if its a private project that someone wants then ill have to charge.[/quote']

urgh, this sounds really good, but i live in edinburgh and i stopped doing electronic stuff for a long time because i wanted to concentrate on guitar and uni, aswell as not having any money. niiiiiiiiiing.

i just have an alesis micron and a pc running ableton live. i might be getting the m audio 1010lt soon.