aberdeen-music

Aberdeen based solo artists?

Guest Firefly

Guest Firefly

Are there any good ones barring stuff like Emma Forman which i don't particularly like to be honest. Just simple stripped down stuff that is interesting to listen too and would be worthwhile checking out?

Guest DustyDeviada
Try the Belmont Cinema bar on a Wednesday night

Although there's a decent chance Emma Forman might be playing. ;)

As Emma's sometime guitar player and an old pal of Jo's I'm biased so I won't mention them, but the Kitchen Cynics aka Alan Davidson is up there with the very best solo performers.

Guest Firefly

I've seen Ross Buchan before, he writes some good stuff. Kitchen Cynics i've heard a track which i didn't like but i'd be willing to go check him out live sometimes because i feel i get a better idea of music in a live environment.

People have also mentioned Steve Milne and a few others, check out my listening section for a guide of music i listen too, so i'd be more interested in artists that do stuff like that but i'm open to new suggestions.

Joe MaCRAPPERTY is the best serious solo performer in the world cos she smelt one of Midge Ures farts in front of 9 zillion people once so you are all crap an Joe is best

Cheers' date='

Jester 54321 (using Betamax's PC)[/quote']

your so old and boring betamax.

Go see The kitchen Cynics for a good night, also jo is very very good.

Joe MaCRAPPERTY is the best serious solo performer in the world cos she smelt one of Midge Ures farts in front of 9 zillion people once so you are all crap an Joe is best

Cheers' date='

Wise up, you can't be particularly clued up, otherwise you'd know that Jo isn't an Aberdeen-based act any longer.

Anyway, she's sold more and played to more this year than you, so shut it ;)

your so old and boring betamax.

Go see The kitchen Cynics for a good night' date=' also jo is very very good.[/quote']

Accurate impression like ;)

But aye... Jo McCafferty = v.g although she no longer gigs up here.

Kitchen Cynics = most excellent

Boy Lacks Patience = musically refreshing.

Cloud, shut it yourself. How many Videos gigs were you even at this year? ;)

Cheers' date='

actually I thought Jester 54321s post was quite funny really, much funnier than he usually is

but i apologise, on his behalf, if he upset the minicore of wee aberdeen forum dwellers with his warped humour

I blame all the centuries of isolation, inbreeding and poor diet for those tiny insecure minds

Ill let Milner off cos Ive heard he is a Special Needs kid.

Recommended solo artist - Beastman

actually I thought Jester 54321s post was quite funny really' date=' much funnier than he usually is

but i apologise, on his behalf, if he upset the minicore of wee aberdeen forum dwellers with his warped humour

I blame all the centuries of isolation, inbreeding and poor diet for those tiny insecure minds

Ill let Milner off cos Ive heard he is a Special Needs kid.

Recommended solo artist - Beastman[/quote'] you're 41 next month steve or stephen (never did getto know you well enough to know the correct spelling of your name), glad to see those nice bods at interesting music have given you, sorry sharon's band, a gig this month, hey fans of cutting edge music, if you want to see what its like to be old and trying to cut it with it the kids on the stage all you need to do is go out and check out the videos live!

your music is great though, shame you and nick are too old, you need to find a new strategy.....