aberdeen-music

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Will Haven and Crobar UK tour?

medichi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Page 99
What the piss do (the awesome) Iron Monkey have to do with anything? Crowbar sound very little like them' date=' and are great in their own right.

Will Haven > Crowbar though. And it IS a co-headliner.....[/quote']

Simple... Iron Monkey piss all over other sludge bands, regardless of anything else. There-fore rendering Crowbar insignificant, it may come across elitist, but I just know what I like.

Guest Page 99

I echo the above statements.

I was pretty drunk when I wrote the other two comments and was probibly trying to start a fight or somthing, hense why drunk posting is not advisable.

• 3 months later...

bring it!

hohoho

be warned. there may be a bobby appearance. even if im not there, you must look for the mysterious "mark of bobby" which will appear somewhere very close to the venue, once i find it. first person to send me a photo wins the mystery prize, which will be presented in aberdeen, when i can be arsed. i'll post more details about the "mark" nearer the time

Just back from the Liverpool show - get there early for Seventh Cross (xTUFFxCOREx but pretty good), Kingsize Blues were average, Crowbar were good aaaannnddd......

Will Haven were AWESOME. And I'm not just saying that - tight as fuck, Grady clearly loving it, loads of old tunes (Jaworski, Fresno, Choke) and newies that sound ace. I took a few photies I'll post up later...

Theres fuck all "sludge" about Kingsize Blues as far as I can tell - they're a pretty straight up metal band a la The Haunted' date=' but with a few more death metal "grunts".

Very funny guitarist though....[/quote']

Yeah i was speaking about Crowbar re the sludgecore mayhem yak yak yak

but tell me one thing did Crowbar play The Only Factor

I have just received a very disturbing text message from Ross which says that Grady has fucked off to Italy to see his girlfriend. :swearing:

The band will apparently play on tonight in Glasgow anyway but I don't see how that is going to work to be honest.

I really hope Ross has got the wrong end of the stick or something as otherwise there is going to be a lot of disappointed people tonight. Myself included. :(

Nope - he's in Paris apparently, tending to his sick wife.

Will Haven with a second guitarist and 3 guest vocalists (Craig B from Aereogramme, Simon from Biffy Clyro and the dude from 7th Cross) was an odd experience. Not what I expected but they were still good. Would've prefered to have seen em with Grady, obviously but hey, at least they played at all. Crowbar were awesome, Kingsze Blues were hilarious and Seventh Cross were crap.

I heard that tomorrow it's gonna be Karl Middleton filling in for Grady...

Amazing....just amazing.....Will Haven are great.

Grady is indeed tending to his sick wife. And I also hear that Karl Middleton is doing tonight (I wonder who told you that Jim?!! ;))

The show last night ended with (Sheep?) from Seventh Cross with a broken finger and Simon from Biffy with a broken rib....

What a night.

Amazing....just amazing.....Will Haven are great.

Grady is indeed tending to his sick wife. And I also hear that Karl Middleton is doing tonight (I wonder who told you that Jim?!! ;))

The show last night ended with (Sheep?) from Seventh Cross with a broken finger and Simon from Biffy with a broken rib....

What a night.

Did that happen during the set, or in crazy aftershow shenanigans?

Will Haven were still good, though there wasn't enough guitar in the mix for my liking. King Size Blues, were, well, not quite my thing, and Crowbar I found a bit boring, though the slower the played the better it was. And the copious amount of spitting by the frontman was highly amusing, in a juvenile way. In one way I wish I was that guy, but I know that if I was I'd probably cry myself to sleep every night. Come to think of it, I do anyway.

Guest Phantomsmasher
Only song that did it for me was carpe diem' date=' the rest of the night was shit. That gay style of metal is so dull and i really felt embarassed standing there listening to that crap[/quote']

I'd feel embarassed just standing there being you...

Hacked off I missed this, but I guess Grady's absence made me glad I didn't go. Hopefully they tour again soon.

Yeah, that was an incitefull and informitive post.