aberdeen-music

another band splits up.

ben_1903

It was on the cards after their second album totally flopped.

It didn't flop. It's a brilliant album, it went down the swanny because Virgin got rid of the 'hutt' section of their label and then thought it would be a good idea to treat all the bands on hutt like dirt.

They never really recovered, even though they recently started recording the third album.

ho hom. This year then:

Crackout, Whitmore, Hiwards Alias, Span, Million Dead...er......loads more. Can't member.

It didn't flop. It's a brilliant album' date=' it went down the swanny because Virgin got rid of the 'hutt' section of their label and then thought it would be a good idea to treat all the bands on hutt like dirt.

They never really recovered, even though they recently started recording the third album.

[/quote']

I didn't like the direction they moved in for album number 2.

I loved the first album though.

will the world really miss any of those?

didn't think so.

Dunno about Million Dead and Whitmore but Howards Alias splitting up is a massive blow to the UK underground scene. For over 5 years they constantly toured the UK, put out 3 fantastic albums and were still criminally underrated. Their last offering, 'Beat Heart, Beat' is an absolute gem of an album, showing progress at its finest. A million miles away from their debut, The Chameleon Script, it's dark, heavy, filled with beautiful lyrics and trombone and keys in all the right places. Once a ska band, always a ska band though, it seems. And the ska scene is hardly buzzing these days. But I'm sure anyone who caught them live or purchased The Answer Is Never and/or Beat Heart, Beat can agree with me here. Have a look about for Difflam, Love Loss Learn or The Drive and tell me people won't miss them :(

Guest five years
you're not the world' date=' mind.[/quote']

that is very true.

aren't you clever?

i was merely pointing out that i believe many people - yourself possibly included - won't really miss the passing of those bands. "the world" was a broad generalisation, showing my believed insignificance of those bands on the consciousness of this planet's population at large.