aberdeen-music

Myspace is taking over the world

A.Pel

myspace is full of pathetic weaklings who dance to the tune of a faceless mystic.

After you claimed adults who read Harry Potter were 'victims of a marketing campaign', I thought you'd really reached a real peak, but that statement has blown it out of the water.

You're constant melodrama is hilarious. For the record, I agree with sentiment and completely hate MySpace and the entire culture built around it, but for God's sake look at what you're saying.

After you claimed adults who read Harry Potter were 'victims of a marketing campaign'' date=' I thought you'd really reached a real peak, but that statement has blown it out of the water.

You're constant melodrama is hilarious. For the record, I agree with sentiment and completely hate MySpace and the entire culture built around it, but for God's sake look at what you're saying.[/quote']

what is your problem exactly?

my space is alright it's true its full of weirdo's wanting friends. However it's a good way of listening to bands and seeing whats going on without trawling through countless websites. Plus its free advertising for bands just starting up, which is always good.

It's only a website if it offends your sensiblities don't go to it, it's that easy. It's always the people that bitch about things that create the "scene".

I've been enrolled on myspace for less than 24 hours, and already it's pissing me off.

Little bitch bastards who are known on here, post on every single cool band page to either a) gain some recognition for their paltry accolades or b) try and win some respect from artists who are superiority better, and thus achieve a status of respect. You know who you are...

I'd also like to say that myspace is a den for the hollow, and that I feel completely cheapened even for contemplating the idea of joining, let alone setting up a page.

Rupert Murdoch, if it is true he now owns the rights etc, should die a fucking horrible death. Media moguls like him create the clandestine lies that appear on the front pages of your newspapers. What can I say? Hes a disciple of popular culture, and theres no way the masses are going to listen to the likes of me.

One last rant, the DJ in moshulu tonight (main room) was shite.

what is your problem exactly?

One might ask you the same thing.

Anyway' date=' whilst myspace is full of attention whores and scenesters yada yada yada, people cannot deny it is proving to be a very useful tool in terms of promotion for bands. Far beyond anything like purevolume.com [/color']

people cannot deny it is proving to be a very useful tool in terms of promotion for bands. Far beyond anything like purevolume.com

If only it was actually reliable - if nothing else, Myspace is incredibly shit compared to most websites when it comes to the thing actually working half the time :|

Guest pop-notmyface
The amount of people who say they've seen me on myspace is disturbing.

Discuss.

i told you that it's taking over.

and it really is good for e-meeting people and promotion (as i said before).

ha! i sound just like the nerd that i am!

After you claimed adults who read Harry Potter were 'victims of a marketing campaign'' date=' I thought you'd really reached a real peak, but that statement has blown it out of the water.

You're constant melodrama is hilarious. For the record, I agree with sentiment and completely hate MySpace and the entire culture built around it, but for God's sake look at what you're saying.[/quote']

I can never take your comments seriously when you poorly punctuate.

Your constant and embarassing need to make yourself appear as different as possible from everyone on these boards' date=' you're like a 13 year old Goth with better vocabulary.[/quote']

Beautifully put.

I'd also like to say that myspace is a den for the hollow' date=' and that I feel completely cheapened even for contemplating the idea of joining, let alone setting up a page.[/quote']

Oh Al, Al Al Al. I get what you're saying, but it's also a nice little advertisement for bands, that allows you to hear a bit of what they're about, and find out if you'd want to hear more. Like any resource, I think it can be used for more nefarious purposes, but it can be groovy now and then.

Yesterday some 15-year-old from California sent me a message saying my music was 'cool', which I just thought was ace, and made me feel all fluffy inside.

It's like owning a guitar in a way, you can use it to play beautiful music, or you can beat a small mammal to death with it. The choice is simple.