aberdeen-music

Place to park

UFB

I have just passed my driving test, and will have to venture into aberdeen soon, very daunting never been into town while driving before, and its a bit more busy than inverurie, and i was just wondering if anyone knew the best place to park near The Lemon Tree.

Preferably free, or cheap.

Cheers Steve

If you go along Broad Street on your left beside The Illicit Still is a car park that is free after about 5 or 6 but its hard to get a space in there. If you keep going up Broad Street on your right is a car park that is free after about 5 or 6 and you are assured a space every time. I use it all the time.

There's not much they can do even if you are parked there - clamping is against the law in Scotland, and any supermarket towing away cars would suffer pretty badly publicity wise. A friend of mine got a 40 "fine" from them - which was fixed to his car windscreen. He ripped it up and hasn't heard a thing two years later, which suggests that they rely on people being stupid enough to pay.

Personally I'd agree with the West North Street car park suggestion, or perhaps even Queen Street if you're early enough to get a space. Morrisons could be worth trying, but I wouldn't expect them to cooperate if your car got smashed in when parked in there. I've never known it to happen, but if you're concerned about that kind of thing...