aberdeen-music

remixing give it to me

musiccube

i agree with chris, there's no way in hell i'd let anyone near anything i'd done if i hadn't heard what they were capable of. no point taking offense, it's a perfectly acceptable request. it's not people being small minded either, they're just looking after their music.

musiccube taking offence at the fact no one knows who he is or dares to ask for examples of his work doesn't do himself any favours. it's just looks immature tbh. don't get me wrong, a mighty generous offer it is but examples are needed to those who offer their work.

there was no need for the insults from other people though either.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in the remixer dude's corner for a while there. i mean, y'know, he's just offering some of his time to mess around with some tunes... could be shit but could be great... either way, it's not like you're missing out.

THEN, unfortunatley, he started with all the 'fuck you kidz' stuff and asking general ermintrude to meet him behind the bikesheds for a scrap, etc etc. *yawn*

whatever u say guys... and no one will call me a dick head with out getting a slap so there i am no dick head my friend . and yes there r lots of kids in hear who dont no there ass from there elbow. so whatever u guys say it dont faze me one bit . i am the one offering a service to the right ppl . so if u r interested then drop me a line . and as for the guy who called me a dick head . i would love to meet u some time and see if u still call me a dick head .i only ment well by things

i agree with chris' date=' there's no way in hell i'd let anyone near anything i'd done if i hadn't heard what they were capable of. .[/quote']

Why? what do you have to lose. You still have your original track, and if you didnt like musicubes remix you have lost nothing. Maybe your music should only be touched by the right hand of God.

Wow this thread really descended into the depths over one afternoon! Musiccube I'll remind you that threatening violence on this forum is against the rules you agreed to when you signed up' date=' cut it out please. I'll also remind everyone else that so are personal attacks against other members, most of the posts on this thread have been way over the top and unjustified. Everyone wise up or I'll just close the thread.

As for the topic itself, I stand by my original points. It's all very well offering a service but you could be the world's most famous remixer and there will still be people who don't know who you are. So if you seriously want people to take you up on your offer you should expect them to ask for an example of your work. Hell you could have just put "PM me if you're interested and I'll send you a sample of my work" at the end of your initial post.[/quote']

Why did you tell musiccube off and not the guy that called him a Dickhead. Who cares anyway but double standards is double standards in my book.

And, can i just point out he was offering a service free. Whether he did a crap mix or not is irrelevant. It was for free.

Anyway, can you ban my ass from this place please?

Coming here is a waste of my time and it somehow breeds contempt.

Cool Huh

:love:

BAN MY ASS

BAN MY ASS

BAN MY ASS

BAN MY ASS

BAN MY ASS

BAN MY ASS

Why did you tell musiccube off and not the guy that called him a Dickhead. Who cares anyway but double standards is double standards in my book.

And' date=' can i just point out he was offering a service free. Whether he did a crap mix or not is irrelevant. It was for free.

Anyway, can you ban my ass from this place please?

Coming here is a waste of my time and it somehow breeds contempt.

Cool Huh

:love:

BAN MY ASS

so don't come here then? why do you want to be banned? it's not going to make you notorious or anything. get a grip.

THIS MESSAGE IT TO THE GUY CRIS

POST UP SOME OF YOUR TUNES AND LET US HEAR IT ... LIKE U SAID U WOULD NOT LET ANYONE HEAR YOUR TUNES IS THAT COZ THEY R PLUM . DO U HAVE ANY IF SO LETS HEAR THEM THEN OR R U ALSO FULL OF UTTER TWODDLE AND DONT EVEN HAVE A TUNE . THATS THE THING WITH SOME PPL THEY CAN TALK A GOOD TUNE . SO LETS HEAR IT LAD WHERE CAN WE HEAR YOUR TUNES

THIS MESSAGE IT TO THE GUY CRIS

POST UP SOME OF YOUR TUNES AND LET US HEAR IT ... LIKE U SAID U WOULD NOT LET ANYONE HEAR YOUR TUNES IS THAT COZ THEY R PLUM .

Oh fuck off. Why the hell are you so defensive when all I did was post a reasonable suggestion? I never slagged you off or had a dig, instead I politely suggested you post an example of your remixing work so people would know what you're offering.

I mean really, how old are you? And you're using the tactic of "you're shite na na na naaaa". Get a grip and grow up. If you really don't want to post any examples of your work then fine, but don't throw the toys out of the pram just 'cause I made a friendly suggestion.

Guest neil ex

I think this guy's a joker...

Which two bands was it that asked you to do work on their tunes? I'd be interested in hearing the end products... I'm sure Stripey would help you out with hosting some mpfrees online, if he's nae too busy... :up:

but why would they offer their work' date=' that they've spent a long time over, to you to play with when they have no idea who you are or what your efforts might sound like?

[/quote']

Because it might just better them.. strange concept in Aberdeen, but hey thats the way it goes...

I've posted similar threads on here with limited success..

All the bands need to do is provide the source files for their track - ideally broken down into each constituent part and the remixer does whatever they feel like with the bits to produce something entirely new.. this can be anywhere from a very slight 'tweek' to a complete overhaul. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, what is there to lose ?

I don't think its particulary worthwhile posting up examples of previous work - if you were open minded enough to give the idea a try it wouldn't matter - if the end result is not to your taste throw it away, end of story..

We're up for remixing anybodys stuff and anybody can remix ours just pm. Currently working on remixes for artists in London, Glasgow and Aberdeen and have to say its opened more doors than anythng else we've done... give it a try its always interesting to hear how somebody else interprets your tune.

Because it might just better them.. strange concept in Aberdeen' date=' but hey thats the way it goes...

I've posted similar threads on here with limited success..

All the bands need to do is provide the source files for their track - ideally broken down into each constituent part and the remixer does whatever they feel like with the bits to produce something entirely new.. this can be anywhere from a very slight 'tweek' to a complete overhaul. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, what is there to lose ?

I don't think its particulary worthwhile posting up examples of previous work - if you were open minded enough to give the idea a try it wouldn't matter - if the end result is not to your taste throw it away, end of story..

We're up for remixing anybodys stuff and anybody can remix ours just pm. Currently working on remixes for artists in London, Glasgow and Aberdeen and have to say its opened more doors than anythng else we've done... give it a try its always interesting to hear how somebody else interprets your tune.[/quote']

Thats all very well but, who do people think they are assuming that they can take a musical creation lovingly conceived and produced by musicians, and in some way make it better? Has it never occured to you that the bands on here who have produced music and gone to the bother of multi track recording it dont want someone else dicking with it.

The other problem is that the majority of recordings made by bands on here will be live, or in part live, so no use to a re-mixer.

Where is it written that people should, just because its offered free, rush to give their precious recordings to someone who claims to be some re-mix guru? if bands dont jump to this it doesnt make them blinkered just content with their own efforts.