aberdeen-music

the fun of union street at night

Chris

so tonight I went out to drummonds and stayed completely sober (it's not recommended behaviour, but I'm a trained professional). then I walked home down union street. First there was the usual busking crowd at the trinity centre (now with a vocal PA I see, complete with pissed bloke in a suit trying to sing into a microphone), then I was asked if I was "looking for business" by a young girl just up from Stadia and finally I saw 2 girls fall headfirst off the pavement into the road by jumpin jacks.! Fantastic entertainment! I never remember any of that stuff when I'm drunk.

I hate union street at night. Tonight i was quite literally dragged to Priory, then Moshulu, then Liquid. ALL i wanted was to go to exodus, but no no, i'm just a girl and my opinion means nothing. (men are shit). After having the worst night in longer than i care to remember, i headed home, alone. I had 4 guys slap/grab my ass, god knows how many whistles/honks, and one pervert who thought it was a great idea to pick me up and start running down union street to entertain his friends- no, it wasn't, and it wasn't fun for me. And it's not like i'm one of those girls who dresses in mini skirts and low cut tops, i was in shorts, tights and jumper and jacket, so why on earth the perverts always seem to pick on me, i'll never know.

I may be quite drunk, but i still didn't find any of this even slightly amusing, and i don't think i'll ever understand the need to harass random people when drunk.

I hate walking down union street alone.

I hate union street at night. Tonight i was quite literally dragged to Priory' date=' then Moshulu, then Liquid. ALL i wanted was to go to exodus, but no no, i'm just a girl and my opinion means nothing. (men are shit). After having the worst night in longer than i care to remember, i headed home, alone. I had 4 guys slap/grab my ass, god knows how many whistles/honks, and one pervert who thought it was a great idea to pick me up and start running down union street to entertain his friends- no, it wasn't, and it wasn't fun for me. And it's not like i'm one of those girls who dresses in mini skirts and low cut tops, i was in shorts, tights and jumper and jacket, so why on earth the perverts always seem to pick on me, i'll never know.

I may be quite drunk, but i still didn't find any of this even slightly amusing, and i don't think i'll ever understand the need to harass random people when drunk.

I hate walking down union street alone.[/quote']

You just seem to me to be suggesting that you are really hot and that even when not scantily clad men can't keep their hands of you.

You just seem to me to be suggesting that you are really hot and that even when not scantily clad men can't keep their hands of you.

Oh no, I'm suggested that drunk men don't care what they're perving on and seem to just harass anything female nearby.

Although, I did meet Hog in Moshulu, and he wasn't the pervert he is made out to be on these boards. :)

Town was full of complete arseholes last night.

I got stuck in the Justice Mill for 2 hours. I was out for a 21st and i got stuck holding coats and talking to the girls mum and aunt who were completely out of there faces and babbling incoherently. (and just b4 i left they puked over the table and themselves then just sat there covered in it........classy)

Eventually ditched them and headed to Moshulu where i did my usual propping up the bar and ordering random interesting looking drinks.

Did anyone try that Green one last night. I know it didnt have a name last night but i can tell you what was in it.

VS Blue mixed with the orange VS then a shot of something?? Dunno what....but it was Good.

I walk through town in Glasgow after the clubs close every night and have never seen any trouble. Once, someone made a comment at another guy, who wasn't too happy, but thats the worst I've seen. I feel alot more comfortable wondering around with the Glasgow drunks than I ever did with Aberdeens drunks.

In the clubs it's a different story though. I work for the CPL group, as bar staff at the Cathouse, but I can be moved around from time to time to cover staff absenses in CPLs other clubs. I was working a club called Tunnel last night and it's basically a cross between every awful club in Aberdeen, minus the good points. The customers were all stupidly drunk pretentious twats, and after witnessing 3 full-on brawls inches from the bar, I was told we'd had "a quiet night". I'd also wager every girl in heels there fell over at least twice through the night.

Perhaps I'm just bitter that I have to stay sober.

One of my first experiences of Union Street at night was about three years ago. Across the other side of the road was a group of guys fighting. One of the boy's girlfriends decided to jump in, swinging punches at everyone. She jumped on one guys back and his friend then ripped her skirt off to reveal NO UNDERWEAR! Instead of trying to retrieve her skirt and save what little modesty she had left she carried on fighting. The image is unfortunately branded in my memory for all time. It was sick...