liamtw

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jasons are my favourite

Thanks dude :up:

I'd also say that you need to have a look at the photographers previous work cause they all have their own individual style so it's whatever suits your band the best.

I'm currently look for good skaters to photograph is anyone is interested in helping me find some.

Guest pop-notmyface
Here are a few examples of my photography. I'm still teaching myself but there's no better way to learn than to practise so I'd be happy to photograph any band

229152294_l.jpg

334048334_l.jpg

b75d72cb.jpg

473f2a09.jpg

did you get "special access" for taking the MMW/WSBB photos?

did you get "special access" for taking the MMW/WSBB photos?

Not quite. I just make the effort to move to get different angles whilest not getting in the way of the band / audiance's view. Try standing at the side of the stage once in a while :gringo:

And the first two are Flood of Red, not My Mind's Weapon...

Not quite. I just make the effort to move to get different angles whilest not getting in the way of the band / audiance's view. Try standing at the side of the stage once in a while :gringo:

And the first two are Flood of Red' date=' not My Mind's Weapon...[/quote']

That's the key man move around and keep an eye on the lights as they are constantly changing unless you are shooting some place where the lighting guy is asleep in which case you either head to the bar or crack open a roll of Delta3200.

Not sure how to cross post pics here but you can find a few shots of mine here

http://stopitdoon.com/photos/noise?page=1

Trying to motivate myself to get website on the go but scanning is dire zzzzZZZZZZZ

mic stands may be the curse of music photography but fisheye lenses are the curse of punk photography :p

i like the second one down that milner posted of bob on the bed. i'm a sucker for that kind of thing. i also liked the stayover pic that jason posted. it's well timed and full of intent. you can almost tell what's happening in the song just by seeing the picture which is the kind of stuff i like.

hog's wedding stuff is as always impressive. classy and refined :)

That's the key man move around and keep an eye on the lights as they are constantly changing unless you are shooting some place where the lighting guy is asleep in which case you either head to the bar or crack open a roll of Delta3200.

Not sure how to cross post pics here but you can find a few shots of mine here

http://stopitdoon.com/photos/noise?page=1

Trying to motivate myself to get website on the go but scanning is dire zzzzZZZZZZZ

i've been using loads of 3200 film recently when shooting stuff for college and i'm loving the grain. some of the stuff is coming out sexy as hell. you could always try pushing the film a bit too if you're not getting enough light. though colour doesn't respond as well to this trickery but if you're shooting black and white it's worth a try, you just have to develop it a bit longer to make up for it.

you're photo's look pretty slick, all well framed and exposed. i particularly liked the killswitch one with the hair and the knee. :)

i've been using loads of 3200 film recently when shooting stuff for college and i'm loving the grain. some of the stuff is coming out sexy as hell. you could always try pushing the film a bit too if you're not getting enough light. though colour doesn't respond as well to this trickery but if you're shooting black and white it's worth a try' date=' you just have to develop it a bit longer to make up for it.

you're photo's look pretty slick, all well framed and exposed. i particularly liked the killswitch one with the hair and the knee. :)[/quote']

Cheers

Delta 3200 is ace and is the reason why i'm still not 100% digital, just love the stuff. Have pushed it on many occasions to good effect but you got to be a fan of the grain.

Two colour films which I have stuck with and have pushed a puckle of stops are Provia 400 - no noticeable grain at 1600 and Fuji Press 800 too. Avoid the Fuji 1600 its dire.

Another favourite was Scala but it's well pricey and possible unavailable now.

Cheers

Delta 3200 is ace and is the reason why i'm still not 100% digital' date=' just love the stuff. Have pushed it on many occasions to good effect but you got to be a fan of the grain.

Two colour films which I have stuck with and have pushed a puckle of stops are Provia 400 - no noticeable grain at 1600 and Fuji Press 800 too. Avoid the Fuji 1600 its dire.

Another favourite was Scala but it's well pricey and possible unavailable now.[/quote']

the only thing that's even tempted me to go digital is doing live music photography. it's so much easier when you can see the results there and then.