aberdeen-music

decent photograher?

liamtw

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Officer and Martin Traynor are the best local photographers in my opinion - if you want something thats actually interesting and not bog standard pm for their details!

i think thats the important point there.

Look at what each photographer has done and make your decision on that, for exapmples of jasons stuff give me a shout and ill send you a heap of amazing photos he has done for us, as im sure hog will if you ask him.

Oops' date=' I didn't actually mean to quote you there! I was replying to the initial post rather than yours. I've seen some of Hog's and didn't like them at all to be honest, haven't seen Jason's, but I'll trust you for now![/quote']

haha its cool man!!:)

as i say if anyone wants to see how good jason is give me a shout i promise you wont be dissaponted!

Guest pop-notmyface

i'll do it for free ;)

here are some of my personal favourites (not of bands though -post1-)

bottle1jm.jpg

bulletholes7kf.jpg

colourglow8bu.jpg

exoticflower26ar.jpg

exoticflower39at.jpg

exoticflower42kv.jpg

exoticflower61yx.jpg

if you dress up as a flower, i think i could do a good enough job :p

ps - if anyone would like to see photos taken by the previously mentioned Dave Officer and Martin Traynor' date=' take a peek at [url']www.myspace.com/copyhaho (as much as it appears to be this is not a shameless plug. I have shame. Lots of it, unfortunately). Eek.

Dave also has some pics on his myspace profile at http://www.myspace.com/kadoom

whatever you do, do not use Venture. ever.

horrid horrid pictures and they will most certainly try and persuade you take extended credit arrangements on them. they are also hugely overpriced.

try contacting the college photography department. the lecturers are a little clueless when it comes to the local band scene but they'll pass your details onto the classes.

hog is very professional and certainly knows what he's doing. martin traynor is very good, i like his pics a lot. and i just checked out that alexslashdog site too, quite impressive stuff there too.

i'm currently working on a website for my pics but as chris said you can check out a very small selection of my pics at http://www.myspace.com/kadoom none of which are badly exposed i'll have you know :p

thanks to richard for the glowing recommendation as well :)

i should say as well, check out as much music photographers online as you can and print off your favourite pictures. also cut out any pictures you like from magazines and check your record collection for your favourite band pictures. if you're paying for the pics you need to make sure you're prepared and can tell the photographer exactly what you want or at least give them a rough idea of what style you like.

whatever you do' date=' do not use Venture. ever.

horrid horrid pictures and they will most certainly try and persuade you take extended credit arrangements on them. they are also hugely overpriced.

try contacting the college photography department. the lecturers are a little clueless when it comes to the local band scene but they'll pass your details onto the classes.

hog is very professional and certainly knows what he's doing. martin traynor is very good, i like his pics a lot. and i just checked out that alexslashdog site too, quite impressive stuff there too.

i'm currently working on a website for my pics but as chris said you can check out a very small selection of my pics at [url']http://www.myspace.com/kadoom none of which are badly exposed i'll have you know :p

thanks to richard for the glowing recommendation as well :)

Thanks man! :O

Pretty much agree with you regarding Venture. Im not going to flame them (they are competition) They are pretty damn expensive.

Alex is a very talented skate photographer.

I wish my favourite wedding photographer would update his site (he probably doesnt have to ) Gordon McGowan.