aberdeen-music

Probelsm with msn/hotmail/other email on my computer...

David

Problems with msn/hotmail/other email on my computer...

right, my computer seems to be currently borked, it wont let me sign on to msn, and when i have tried accessing hotmail, it lets me tye in my address/password then when i hit enter it gives me a page not available, and when i have tried to get onto my uni email, it gives me the same thing when i try and get to the logon page

any ideas whats wrong and how to fix it?

David

The same thing is happing to me' date=' its bloody annoying!! I can sign onto msn, but it won't let me on to hotmail. grrrrr![/quote']

ah, msn wont let me on either, as soon as i click connect it gives me the window asking if i want to troubleshoot...

i will try and see if it works any better in firefox (which my brother uses)

David

Guest five years

had the same problem, it's something to do with firewalls, get mozilla. it's a) better and means you don't have to have a million explorer windows open at the bottom because of the tabs system and b) means msn will work no worries.

had the same problem' date=' it's something to do with firewalls, get mozilla. it's a) better and means you don't have to have a million explorer windows open at the bottom because of the tabs system and b) means msn will work no worries.[/quote']

i tried in firefox with no luck, msn dosent run in a browser either though

anyone able to tell me exactly how i check the sp2 firewall? though i dont think it would be that, as i dont think sp2 was recently installed (if it was installed it would have been done via the automatic installer, which would have installed it a long time ago when it was new)

the other idea my friend has is that i have a virus/worm which means it will have gotten past norton so that wont be able to find it, anyone able to point me in the direction of a decent free viruschecker i can check the computer with?

David

there is no firewall option on the control panel... (sp2 should have been installed ages ago though)

i tried downloading avg antivirus software, ran it and found nothing, but the software needs the virus database updated, problem being when i go to update it, it wont connect (same as msn)

anyone know if i can download the update patch seperately, then update avg?

David

there is no firewall option on the control panel... (sp2 should have been installed ages ago though)

i tried downloading avg antivirus software' date=' ran it and found nothing, but the software needs the virus database updated, problem being when i go to update it, it wont connect (same as msn)

anyone know if i can download the update patch seperately, then update avg?

David[/quote']

right click my computer then select properties - from there it should tell you you have Windows XP, and underneath the service pack revision you have..

right click my computer then select properties - from there it should tell you you have Windows XP' date=' and underneath the service pack revision you have..[/quote']

windows xp, service pack 1

so its not the firewall thats killing it...

i have tried updating and running avg virus checker, adaware and spybot, which did come up with a couple of things, but nothing that fixed the computer

any other ideas?

David