aberdeen-music

Lo Down...looks Like We're Opening This Time!

Wax

• 2 weeks later...

As well as softening the venue, the curtains are there to close off the stage arch when not in use. I'd rather have a good atmosphere with 200 in one room , than everyone spread out over the whole venue.

Plus the way the stage arch is set-up is perfect for big gigs or events like fashion shows etc. but not really for your average Friday night.

The atmosphere we had on Thursday for the opening night was electric. Hopefully most people have had good impressions of the place, and as for the doorstaff, these guys may look like man-mountains but their attitude and courtesy is first-class so I wouldn't think too much of it.

12 to see Hooky play records.

It was bad enough putting up with the embarrasing spectacle on TV' date=' with the artists formerly known as good disgracing themselves.[/quote']

Actually Hooky is a great DJ!! He mixes well and and has a good sense of how to work the dancefloor. For anyone into New Order and Joy Division, it's worth mentioning that he plays quite a few unreleased mixes including a beautiful version of Love Will Tear Us Apart.

The fact that Jon Dasilva, the best DJ in the Hacienda, is also on the bill makes me think that 12 really isn't that bad at all!!:up:

Actually Hooky is a great DJ!! He mixes well and and has a good sense of how to work the dancefloor. For anyone into New Order and Joy Division' date=' it's worth mentioning that he plays quite [b']a few unreleased mixes including a beautiful version of Love Will Tear Us Apart.

:

looks like Chilli and Graeme will be bootlegging this then...