aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Hog

How do you get this vocal effect?

The new Enya song, Devin Townsend (Terria album) and Pete Steele. Its like crystal clear. Is it chorus or clever use of compression or both or neither? :cheers:

if u go into enya.com and there is a psrt of the site with a map which is lit by a torch. On the top right is a clip.

Cheers

Hog

Ok :) It sounds like a multi tap delay feeding back into a reverb feeding back in to the delay ;) there is a Preset on Eventide Dsp's (something like ghost echos) it is in its own channel not in with the main vocal.

Cool, thanks for that. Yeah, Fear Factory seem to use an Eventide for the clean vocals, it sounds so clear and em...ethereal. Not going to ask how much an Eventide would cost, probably serious money hehe

They're a couple grand at least, and they seem to exist mainly so that venues have to spend loads of dosh on them for fulfilling riders.

Best known for their harmonizing qualities, often refered to as an 'Evantide Harmonizer', especially by guitarists.

They're a couple grand at least' date=' and they seem to exist mainly so that venues have to spend loads of dosh on them for fulfilling riders.

Best known for their harmonizing qualities, often refered to as an 'Evantide Harmonizer', especially by guitarists.[/quote']

Brian May and Steve Vai use those bad boys. I would if I had infintity pounds to spend on equipment.

I agree with the lexicon (480 or 960) but they dont have the same odd fx ;) there are so many wierd patches on the eventide's most you would never use. But they are great fun :D