aberdeen-music

1978 Fender Jazz

kybosh

Genuine 1978 Fender Jazz bass , tobacco sunburst , tortoiseshell plate , rosewood with rectangular pearl fretmarkers , 3 screw neck plate , original chrome p/u cover with the big F on it , the real deal all in a genuine fender flight case , owned by me since new , excellent condition , plays like new , go on , you know you want it.......

2000 , call me :07803507903

Shit why didn't you put it up for sale a month ago' date=' i would of bought it, i have just got a new Fender Jazz, so i can't afford it now either sorry, otherwise i would fo taken it.[/quote']

so sell your new one and beg / borrow / don't steal / the rest of the money and buy the real thing :nono:

Guest DustyDeviada
The real thing is pre 1965 though.

Exactly, hate to rain on the parade but the 70s is generally regarded as the worst period in Fender's history.

Mid 60's and early '70's stuff can be hit or miss , later '70's stuff is mostly very good , I have owned 3 late seventies Precisions and 2 (including this one) Jazz basses.

Don't be fooled by all the hype about pre-CBS (1965) stuff either , some (most) of it is very good but one of the worst basses I ever played was a 1960 Precision , very dead sounding and awful to play , the action was very high because it buzzed if you lowered it because the neck was twisted , the intonation could not be set because of the neck either , even with all these faults a shop down in that London was trying to get 1000 for it and this was in the late seventies when a brand new P bass was about 300 :nono:

The good thing about the bass I have for sale is one owner from new , no modifications or repairs have been done , all original wiring and hardware , and it's in extremely good nick , I'l be sad to see it go but I hardly ever play it any more and would rather someone was using it for it's intended purpose........

Call me

• 1 month later...